Allure In December

Greetings!

We are looking to do a family cruise over Christmas 2019 and I've narrowed it down to the Allure or Oasis.  The Allure's itinerary is more appealing to us but I'm concerned that we'd be sailing right before she goes into dry dock.  What are your thoughts on this?  Should we choose Oasis since it will already have had the refurb or go with Allure?  It seems that the changes will be quite significant.  Thank you for the feedback!

I would go with Oasis as she will have all the bells and whistles.  That being said I can tell you we did the Independence TA a few months before her refurb and the ship was in fantastic shape.  To throw another wrench in the works,  we have been on Oasis, Allure. and Symphony.  Allure is still our favorite ship, we have her booked for the 2020 Nov. transatlantic after the refurb. happy cruising  

We are scheduled for Allure for Christmas 2019. Really looking forward to it.  One thing to take into consideration is that a lot of St Martin's will be closed because we will be there on Christmas Day.  I usually book our shore excursions with a private group but may have to book it thru the ship.  I wanted to do the Great Race but they are closed that day.

11 minutes ago, healthworker said:

Am considering these two also. What will they be doing to oasis in dry dock?? Thanks!

Bringing most of what Symphony has.

i expect  them to add the slides, playmakers, Wonderland, Jamies, laser tag and replacing Cats.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

9 minutes ago, healthworker said:

thanks! was on symphony last summer and didnt make use of any of those.......however would love to see something other than CATS!  no new carpets or beds,or bedding??

New carpet and bedding is a given along with a whole lot of painting and general freshening up.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

1 hour ago, healthworker said:

thanks! was on symphony last summer and didnt make use of any of those.......however would love to see something other than CATS!  no new carpets or beds,or bedding??

Not having to endure CATS is reason enough to go with Mama Mia on Allure.

Edited by mac66