Hal cruise after several Celebrity cruises

bebe08

2 minutes ago, George C said:

We really like signature suites , great size , we only got full suites when we were offered good deals on upsells.

Our 5 Night Coastal was only about $100 pp more for a SS over veranda, and $400 more for 16 nights transpacific.  Both have gone up $150 and $500 respectively, so I'm willing to lock it in early when they're cheap enough.  Considering that I would unlikely book anything higher than an OV in Japan or Alaska, that's going to be a bit of a treat.

16 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

You're saying a Celebrity sky suite with all 4 perks (free grats, premium beverage package, unlimited internet for 2 and $300 OBC) plus a butler, access to the Luminae restaurant and Michael's is generally more expensive than a Neptune suite on a similar itinerary? I don't think so. 

It always has been for the trips I've looked at, by several thousand dollars for the most recent cruise I took in a Neptune on HAL versus a similar itinerary cruise on X.

10 minutes ago, bEwAbG said:

It always has been for the trips I've looked at, by several thousand dollars for the most recent cruise I took in a Neptune on HAL versus a similar itinerary cruise on X.

My apologizes. I just checked on a Jan 2021 7 day Western Caribbean cruise and X was about $170 pp/day more whereas when I checked on a different itinerary example yesterday, X was cheaper. As you said, it just all depends on the itinerary.

31 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

My apologizes. I just checked on a Jan 2021 7 day Western Caribbean cruise and X was about $170 pp/day more whereas when I checked on a different itinerary example yesterday, X was cheaper. As you said, it just all depends on the itinerary.

Where we find the best deals when comparing X with HAL is on the transatlantic cruises, especially when we book early. 

Edited by Ken the cruiser

17 hours ago, cachouonacruise said:

OP I am curious if things changed on HAL recently regarding Art sale and other merchandise sale.

We cruised on the Rotterdam (2014) and the Maasdam (2015). Food and services were excellent and loved the piano bar as well as the sommelier. 

We did not like as much, the pushy attitude of employees responsible for art auctions or some other sales. We found that in general, we were less sollicited/harassed by these type of events/attitudes on X. I would appreciate your perspective on these activities.

I definitely feel there is more pressure on X than on our recent HAL sailing re sales.  Didn't experience any pressure at all on HAL re art sales or from the shops, or to have our picture taken.  There was a bit of a sales pitch (I wouldn't call it pressure) in the MDR to buy fancy water and expensive wines.

On X I am afraid to make eye contact with the staff outside the shops for fear of being pressured to come in.