Gem - mini suite or Penthouse differences and can 3 fit in PH?

Ivy drive

If you mean Aft Penthouse (not Haven Penthouse) it will sleep 3. 1 king bed, one fold-out (couch/chair) single bed. The benefit of the penthouse is that you’ll have more space in the cabin, even with the fold-out open. You’ll get a full table & 4 chairs, more storage, bigger balcony, more walking space, and of course...suite perks (breakfast and lunch at Moderno/Cagney’s can’t be beat).

suggestion:

search utube for penthouse and mini-suite videos. It will help you make the decision if the extra perks for penthouse aren’t enough to make up your mind.

suite perks:

Priority boarding/disembarking

Butler & Concierge

Sparkling wine

Breakfast/Lunch in specialty restaurant

Reserved theater seating

etc.

Not to mention, the aft view is so peaceful, with no wind while sailing. And your balcony will have cushioned loungers.

if you’re referring to a Haven Penthouse, I don’t know how many they sleep, but in addition to the suite perks listed above, you get the Haven Courtyard. VERY SPECIAL

Edited by cruiser1955a

Mini gets no full suite perks which is why you probably see a price gap between two.  If you can afford it, do the PH.  Unfortunately, NCL suite prices are crazy high unless you going off season.

1 hour ago, Ivy drive said:

looking to make final decision, I’m very indecisive and keep weighing pros and cons.   Single mom traveling with 16 and 19 year old sons.  

If it were me, I'd go with the mini suite, not b/c of the price but b/c of the sleeping arrangements.  The minisuite bed will separate into 2 single beds, the PH bed will not. Also, you could get a minisuite that sleeps 4, solving all your sleeping arrangement problems. 

Don't get me wrong, a PH would be nice just not good in your situation. 

HTH

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

If it were me, I'd go with the mini suite, not b/c of the price but b/c of the sleeping arrangements.  The minisuite bed will separate into 2 single beds, the PH bed will not. Also, you could get a minisuite that sleeps 4, solving all your sleeping arrangement problems. 

Don't get me wrong, a PH would be nice just not good in your situation. 

HTH

I agree with All-ready2cruise!!!

Very recently in SF9670 on Gem (with DH only).  It is a lovely suite, however I would not recommend an SF suite for a mom and 2 teen sons (unless they already share a very close sleeping situation).

...Luckily, all 3 of my sons are all adults and can afford their own vacations!😉