Drink Package Upgrade

PSULion

Hi all,

Returning to Azamara after a cruise break, and had a quick question. I booked the November westbound transatlantic, and the booking included the "premium" beverage package. Travel agent indicated that upgrade to the "ultimate" for the $6 is possible, including using ship board credit. Note this is a free-standing premium beverage package, not an "Experience More" package. Has anyone done this? Lately, the Azamara phone line seems to be telling different things to different travel agents (at least in regards to this booking and some of the promotions), so I thought I ask if anyone has experienced this situation.

Also, do you think Azamara would credit the "premium" beverage package cost ($15.95/day per person) to one of the "Experience Moree" packages? I doubt it, but was curious if anyone was able to do that.

Thanks all, 

John R. 

The agent is incorrect unless Azamara changes their policy you cannot upgrade the package for the difference price (unlike on Celebrity). 

And no there are no credits allowed to packages either for drinks or any free WiFi perk you might have. 

5 hours ago, uktog said:

The agent is incorrect unless Azamara changes their policy you cannot upgrade the package for the difference price (unlike on Celebrity). 

And no there are no credits allowed to packages either for drinks or any free WiFi perk you might have. 

That is right.  If the agent has packaged up the deal to include the Premium then you cannot upgrade to Ultimate for the difference. As I wrote on another thread this seems crazy to me. 

Phil 

Well, that is interesting. I have a call into my agent to see if Azamara will honor this is in some fashion. I would not have booked this promotion without the ability to upgrade. I would have gone with a different agent with a different amenity package (i.e more ship credit and I would have just bought the package with the ship credit).

Anyone have experience when  Azamara's travel agent reps (don't really know who they are) tells your agent something in error?

I will let you know how this ends up!

John R.

3 hours ago, PSULion said:

Well, that is interesting. I have a call into my agent to see if Azamara will honor this is in some fashion. I would not have booked this promotion without the ability to upgrade. I would have gone with a different agent with a different amenity package (i.e more ship credit and I would have just bought the package with the ship credit).

Anyone have experience when  Azamara's travel agent reps (don't really know who they are) tells your agent something in error?

I will let you know how this ends up!

John R.

If you don't have any success, perhaps your agent will agree to give you OBC instead of the drink package.

Travel agent decided to include the "Premium" drinks package for two as shipboard credit, due to the confusion with Azamara. Thanks for helping me out with the information, I would have been a bit annoyed if I boarded and was unable to upgrade the drinks package.

John R.

• Like 2