NCL 14 day British-Isles, Norway& Ireland RT Amsterdam

kryn

Has anyone been on this cruise?  We are booked on this cruise in May 2020.  Suggestions on excursions , etc..  What did you think of the NCL Jade?

Thanks,

Kryn

Edited by kryn

Yes, but it was years ago, when Jade first came to Southampton- 2008, I think.

We loved the itinerary, and liked the ship enough to go on her the following year.

Sorry I'm not more up to date.

12 hours ago, kryn said:

Has anyone been on this cruise?  We are booked on this cruise in May 2020.  Suggestions on excursions , etc..  What did you think of the NCL Jade?

Thanks,

Kryn

As has been said, excursion recommendations depend so much on the individual. All I can say is make sure you know what you are doing in Iceland, and prepare for it, before you go. If you are able to diy then you can save a fortune there.

When you ask of others have done this itinerary, be aware that NCL have varied the specific itinerary a lot. The number of ports in Norway changes from cruise to cruise, and when we went to Iceland on the Jade a few years ago we came back along the East coast of the U.K. rather than Ireland.

My suggestion for excursion advice etc would be the ports of call section, and if you find your roll call there will be plenty of specific discussion going on there.

The Jade is a great ship, in my opinion.

I'm just off a 14-day TA on Jade and I thought it was a great ship.  What I particularly liked was every night was a different show! There were the advertised ones, of course, but in addition they had unadvertised ones - some "vocalists", a couple of comics, an arial duo, an illusionist, etc.    It was a very pleasant surprise, and different from the big ships where you have a couple of shows that require reservations and run multiple nights, so there are many no-show nights.

There were several lounges with music but with a few exceptions, they weren't the greatest.  There were some surprises there too - the production cast did a Broadway cabaret, which I loved (I'm a big fan of musicals, especially  Weber ones).   The house band was mediocre.  They had a guitarist who was excellent; he did a really excellent Neil Diamond for example.  

None of the venues were too crowded to find a seat, other than Spinnaker when they were doing the Broadway cabaret - we got there 15 mins early and got a front row seat though.  

Bars everywhere, huge buffet venue, etc, etc.

Haven is very small, no Haven lounge, bar or dedicated restaurant.  We had breakfast in Moderno's and lunch in Cagney's for Haven/suites.  Dinner is on your own.  Hubby likes the bigger Havens; I was quite happy with this ship/experience, mainly because of the show schedule and no need for show reservations.

Your itinerary sounds super, I have to consider it when we are ready to do our next booking.

• Like 1