Help on Picking Cabin

NCL is having a sale that ends today and I want to book a cruise for my husband's 40 birthday on the Breakaway next year. I am going with my husband, and two kids (ages 5 & 8). Note I wear a patch because I used to get sea sick before I discovered it.

I can't decide between

MA - Mid ship, mini balcony, less rocking, near the kids club
or
M6 - Front of ship, far from kids club, but awesome balcony

I would love the Haven, but we lost the lottery. Any and all opinions excepted.

24 minutes ago, MissingPhoebe said:

NCL is having a sale that ends today

Yeah, it's not going to end today. It'll most likely "Extend for a Limited Time!".

24 minutes ago, MissingPhoebe said:

husband's 40 birthday on the Breakaway next year. I am going with my husband, and two kids (ages 5 & 8). Note I wear a patch because I used to get sea sick before I discovered it.

With the Midship Balcony (MA) you get the best of both worlds. Less motion, closer to the kids' clubs, and in close proximity to the Garden Café. I recommend choosing a cabin on Deck 10 or Deck 11 as those are in essence sandwiched between other decks and closer (to the center of gravity/center of buoyancy) to the water, hence less motion. 

Edited by jbethel11
JK

2 hours ago, MissingPhoebe said:
NCL is having a sale that ends today and I want to book a cruise for my husband's 40 birthday on the Breakaway next year. I am going with my husband, and two kids (ages 5 & 8). Note I wear a patch because I used to get sea sick before I discovered it.

I can't decide between

MA - Mid ship, mini balcony, less rocking, near the kids club
or
M6 - Front of ship, far from kids club, but awesome balcony

I would love the Haven, but we lost the lottery. Any and all opinions excepted.

Think seriously about how much time you will be spending on the balcony. Most sit empty the entire cruise. There is only a itty bitty tiny balcony on the MAs. But it is much more convenient to the elevators and the MAs are higher up on the ship. 

I agree about the MA. But I also look for more - on a deck with staterooms (rather than public spaces) both above and below. PLUS I don't want to be across the hall from a crew access area (cleaning carts come out bright and early). Anything not identified on the deck plan is likely crew access. I either look for cabins across the hall hoping the neighbors will be quiet or (better yet) cabins with an interior hallway across the hall. Much less foot traffic that way.