Sea Princess Hawaii April 2019

Hello everyone, just returned. Sick of course, Cabin cough. Enjoyed Sea Princess, been on Dawn and Sun. Ship was in better condition than I expected after reading comments. Anytime  Dining worked well for us, only had to wait for a table once. Food was nice, could have been hotter on occasions. Horizon  buffet only for breakfast, food up there looked very unappealing. Staff exemplary as always. Entertainment, only went to about 4 shows, not prepared to arrive an hour before to get a seat. I'm  over ventriloquists ,magicians and second rate comedians. Same old toss a bean bag, drop an egg in the atrium,  make a paper plane, l'm 65 not 6.Ok the first cruise, but time for something  new perhaps. Went to the Chefs Table, $120pp, money well spent. Loved the itinerary and had a very enjoyable  time, a lot of it spent on the Promenade deck, glass in hand, watching the sea go by. After two offers for Upsells, we were given an Upgrade from IF interior to Oceanview on Dolphin Deck, so thank you Princess.Took wine onboard after Embarkation  ports, no problem, maybe we were lucky. Lastly, we have the African and Indian Ocean cruise booked for January 2020 and have decided to cancel. The reasons, tired of pushy, rude people who think they are somehow entitled  to do what they like just because  they have cruised more regularly.  That said, I  still enjoyed my 31 days away from all the chores at home. Kind Regards and thank you everyone  for all your comments  and help pre cruise. Anjo.

Thank you for your thoughts. We are looking at this cruise for the future. Entitled people are everywhere , you just see them more often on a ship. We just get on board and do our own thing , giving little regard to nuisances. I also am a keen fan of sitting on a chair on the promenade walkway with a cold beverage. Cheers, Buzz.

Thank you for your comments. We're booked on the August Hawaii/Tahiti sailing and are looking forward to it.

We've decided to try Anytime dining for this cruise. In the past we've chosen late Traditional dining for longer cruises, with mixed success as far as tablemates go. I'm a little concerned at your comment regarding meals not being served hot enough. What time did you generally dine at?

I've also been on Sun and Dawn and never had a problem getting a seat in the theatre for shows, but we mostly went to the late shows. Certainly on the latest ships (Royal, Regal, and Majestic) the theatres are too small for the number of passengers but we always got good seats 20-30 minutes prior on Sun and Dawn.

I agree with BuzzBuzzen, self-entitled people are everywhere so I've learnt to mostly ignore them, although I have been known to grumble in DH's ear occasionally. Sometimes I even find their antics amusing. That African/Indian Ocean cruise is only offered every few years, and usually fills up fast, so it might be worth rethinking your decision to cancel. Save up a bit extra and treat yourself to afternoons in the Sanctuary on good weather sea days, it's usually very quiet and relaxing up there plus you get afternoon tea served at your sunlounger.

I was on the relocation of the Sun in March and was suprised at how many people used the promenade deck.

Lots of walkers out for a morning stroll and even after the show at night you would find about 6-12 people in their excerise gear doing laps (perhaps this way they avoided the heat of the day).

I hope your cabin cough gets better soon, ours took a few weeks to go after coming back.

Glad to hear you had a good time on the port days.

Hopefully you came across some good shopping bargains.