Shoes for excursion?

7 hours ago, firstcruiseoct11 said:

When will carnival let us know if we have to wear tennis shoes for our excursion? I don’t really plan on bringing any with me unless I need them for the excursion. It’s the 4x4 terracross and sipped boat excursion in Cozumel. 

I have always found any shoe recommendations in the 'notes' of any excursion while booking them. It will be there.

• Like 1

I emailed them and also asked something about the snorkeling portion of the excursion. Only because it isn't mentioned in the description and no on mentions it in their review but it has a min age to snorkel. 

So I asked if snorkeling was included. They sent it back that said yes with a highlighted portion that said min age to participate was 8 but min age to snorkel was 10. Well that conflicts with what the website description says so I just emailed them back again!! We'll see how this goes. My daughter is 9 

9 minutes ago, firstcruiseoct11 said:

I emailed them and also asked something about the snorkeling portion of the excursion. Only because it isn't mentioned in the description and no on mentions it in their review but it has a min age to snorkel. 

So I asked if snorkeling was included. They sent it back that said yes with a highlighted portion that said min age to participate was 8 but min age to snorkel was 10. Well that conflicts with what the website description says so I just emailed them back again!! We'll see how this goes. My daughter is 9 

Not going to advocate for this but your daughter doesn't have an ID and you're in a foreign country. Don't bring it up and you shouldn't have a problem.

1 minute ago, xDisconnections said:

Not going to advocate for this but your daughter doesn't have an ID and you're in a foreign country. Don't bring it up and you shouldn't have a problem.

Well that is kind of what I was thinking. And I took a picture of the description that shows minimum age of 8 to snorkel. So even if they change it I have the proof that it was different when we booked it. She is tiny for her age. 

20 minutes ago, firstcruiseoct11 said:

Well that is kind of what I was thinking. And I took a picture of the description that shows minimum age of 8 to snorkel. So even if they change it I have the proof that it was different when we booked it. She is tiny for her age. 

I wouldn't even worry about it. Things are different in Mexico... the drinking age in some spots is being able to see over the bar. The tours aren't operated by Carnival and as noted by the plane crash in Ketchikan, the cruise lines are very quick to show they aren't involved in anything other than the sale of tickets.

6 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

I wouldn't even worry about it. Things are different in Mexico... the drinking age in some spots is being able to see over the bar. The tours aren't operated by Carnival and as noted by the plane crash in Ketchikan, the cruise lines are very quick to show they aren't involved in anything other than the sale of tickets.

Very true! 

Regardless of what carnival says, I would still bring closed toed shoes for a 4X4 excursion.  they can get muddy and rough and just being able to control the 4X4 comfortably would be important to me.   I would suggest bringing an old pair of tennis shoes for the excursion and then just tossing them in the garbage when you are done.   you won't regret having tennis shoes on this type of excursion.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pyropoodle said:

Regardless of what carnival says, I would still bring closed toed shoes for a 4X4 excursion.  they can get muddy and rough and just being able to control the 4X4 comfortably would be important to me.   I would suggest bringing an old pair of tennis shoes for the excursion and then just tossing them in the garbage when you are done.   you won't regret having tennis shoes on this type of excursion.

They did email me back and say closed toe shoes are needed in order to drive the Polaris RZR 

• Like 2