How crowded is the thermal suite on the Bliss?

mamamusings

We’re on the 6/2 sailing, and have passes. I’m wondering how crowded the thermal lounge area is likely to be, especially during the Glacier Bay sea day.  I’ve heard the observation lounge is often really crowded, and I’m hoping the spa will be better. (We have a balcony, but I suspect I’ll start to get cold out there!)

I suppose that’s like predicting the weather. You never know how many spa passes are sold and when people are going to use them. On my 15 day cruise on the Bliss the spa was never overly crowded to the point where we couldn’t use it. To be honest, the standard loungers and the stone loungers were the most occupied. The thalasso pool has room and all the sauna and salt room had plenty of space. It’s the heated stone loungers that people seem to think that they can hog by placing a bag, towel, and book on. If they are out of the lounger just put their stuff on the side tables next to the loungers: if you’re not on it, you don’t own it. 

17 minutes ago, mamamusings said:

Thanks! I know they limit the number of passes they sell, but I’m not sure if that number varies based on itinerary, or if it tends to be extra crowded on the Glacier Bay sea day...

I would tend to think that with an Alaska itinerary with cooler weather would lead to busier spa times with possible cooler weather . The spa was less crowded at peek eating times and port days as well if that helps at all as well. Wish I  could help more with Glacier bay specifically.

1 hour ago, mamamusings said:

We’re on the 6/2 sailing, and have passes. I’m wondering how crowded the thermal lounge area is likely to be, especially during the Glacier Bay sea day.  I’ve heard the observation lounge is often really crowded, and I’m hoping the spa will be better. (We have a balcony, but I suspect I’ll start to get cold out there!)

People are likely to be out and about. 

You do realize that the Spa on the Bliss is at the back of the ship. With a few loungers with a good view. It is the smallest Thermal Suite on a big ship. 

image.png.2dae8feefde3f31dce9460ffa7b59a0d.png

image.png.1ff7f284657987f5fc9370286e37854d.png

image.png.debbb2edb066eb2c1868b511afd9bc01.png

We were on the Bliss May 3-12. We spent most of the time on our balcony while in Glacier Bay. It was in the upper 40’s and very calm. I suggest, if you can, to view the gorgeous views from your balcony. 

C53522C4-FC59-4D0A-ACBF-86BCA9390CA1.jpeg

• Like 1

We usually love the NCL spas but on our Bliss Panama Canal Cruise we rarely used it in favor of the observation lounge. It is huge and we were always able to get a decent seat.  Having a bar and snacks right there was a plus too. On our upcoming Encore New Years Cruise we will not be using the spa at all. On non observation lounge ships like the Escape we will continue to use the spa.

Mary Ann