Celebrity Visa Reward?

spammie

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

Yes.  Choose the “cruise discount “ option.  Put in your ship and sale date and you will see a credit applied to your credit card account the following month.   I always do this instead of taking the OBC option.

Thank you so much for your quick response!  Wanda

Just to add- I just did this and selected the discount. I then asked the Captains Club about additional discounts and they said I could definitely add OBC on the same sailing with points but not any more discounts. I didn't see this written anywhere and this was fine as I had a bunch of points.  But just for future use, go big on the discount with points as you can always add OBC. 

Assuming you are going to cruise on Celebrity again it seems to me that the best use of point is to take the cruise discount (credit on your next Visa statement) rather than as OBC.  Think of it this way, you could take, say, $500 OBC. Or you could go on the cruise and put $500 on your Seapass card which you will pay with the credit card and get double points, to be cashed in on your next cruise.  I think the second way is better.

Edited by cruisestitch
  • Like 1