Can you buy a "Fountain" Drink instead of a can of soda

cujosmom

I had the "sodas and more package" on my last cruise.  Instead of a can of soda, it is given to you in the form of a "fountain" drink.  Did not have a problem with this as you receive the soda in a very large glass, with or without ice.  My question is: can you buy a "fountain" drink if you do not have the soda package?  If so, how much does it cost.  

Yes you can, but believe it's the same price as canned soda. Believe those super large sizes you can ask for by the pool cost more. Also note that the size of the fountain sodas at bars such as Crooner's, Explorer's Lounge, Club Fusion, International Cafe Bar, are small, maybe 8 ounces including the ice.

Edited by skynight

Last I recall being able to buy a fountain soda a la carte was on Ruby Princess in November 2014. Cost was $1.75 vs. $2.00 for canned (prices before gratuity). But it was not a large tumbler full of soda as I got when I had the PBP on Royal Princess in 2017. Was served in a Collins glass that was filled to the top with ice before squirting the soda in. Doubt there was even half a can's  worth.

Obviously given the interval your mileage may vary...

If you have the package with soda, bring a Yeti mug/ cup and have them fill it instead of giving you small glasses. We carry our Yetis all over the ship and get them filled everywhere. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cpsfolks said:

If you have the package with soda, bring a Yeti mug/ cup and have them fill it instead of giving you small glasses. We carry our Yetis all over the ship and get them filled everywhere. 

Nice thanks for sharing.

Tony

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for your responses. Like I said in original post, I bought the Sodas and More package mainly for the mocktails but occassionally would order a soda from aft pool bar or mid pool bar and would always receive an extra large glass. My husband brought a case of canned cokes onboard because he prefers cans but there had to be twice the soda in the fountain soda so that is why I wondered about being able to order fountain sodas instead of canned and what the current cost was.