Breakaway Guarantee Mini-Suite feedback?

I am looking at taking a cruise on the Breakaway but the Guarantee Mini-Suite is significantly cheaper than the regular balcony cabins.  I would traditionally NEVER book a guarantee because I'm a light sleeper and I do not want to get stuck in a noisy cabin or one with high-traffic outside the door.  Most of the minis on this ship appear to be in good locations with a few exceptions.  Has anyone who has done a guarantee mini have positives or negatives they can give me?

Thank you in advance!

Only advice I can give is that I really do like the extra space in the bathrooms....especially the shower and the sink.  I've sailed on the Escape and Getaway, both in Mini's...but never a guarantee....

I booked a Guarantee Mini-Suite for the same reason, it is even cheaper than booking an inside cabin. When I receive my room assignment, I only want to cry. It is right above the Shakers, and some CC said they could hear the music and piano until 1am. Now I just hope the noise won't be too loud. If you want to book a Guarantee Mini-Suite, just be prepare. Deck 9 is right above the Waterfront, restaurants and bars.

1 hour ago, sandinmyshoes said:

I am looking at taking a cruise on the Breakaway but the Guarantee Mini-Suite is significantly cheaper than the regular balcony cabins.  I would traditionally NEVER book a guarantee because I'm a light sleeper and I do not want to get stuck in a noisy cabin or one with high-traffic outside the door.  Most of the minis on this ship appear to be in good locations with a few exceptions.  Has anyone who has done a guarantee mini have positives or negatives they can give me?

Thank you in advance!

The "guarantee" cabins don't come with any of the freebies.  So if you were planning using the promotional "free at sea" items, you won't get any of those with a guarantee.  This might be okay with you, but if not, calculate the difference of adding, for example, a drink package.  You might find the price isn't so great after all.

We had our first mini-suite on our recent Alaska cruise, on the a sister to the Breakaway...the Bliss.  We loved it because of the two sinks in the bathroom.  I can sure understand being tempted.  Our first two cruises (7+ years ago) were guarantee balconies, and we made out okay with our final locations.  But to be honest, even though we never regretted the choice, now that I have cruised a few times, I have areas of the ship I prefer, and I am willing to pay extra to pick myself.  I always want to be on a floor that's between floors that also have cabins.  And I don't want to be right by the stairwell/elevator because of the foot-traffic.  But I don't want to be TOO far away from stairs either, because...well, because I'm lazy.

19 minutes ago, rmurray847 said:

The "guarantee" cabins don't come with any of the freebies.  So if you were planning using the promotional "free at sea" items, you won't get any of those with a guarantee.  This might be okay with you, but if not, calculate the difference of adding, for example, a drink package.  You might find the price isn't so great after all.

That's not necessarily true. NCL sometimes offers Guarantees with perks when the booking is made close to sailing. It's the "Sail Away" rate that doesn't include any perks.

Edited by cksv

2 minutes ago, cksv said:

That's not necessarily true. NCL sometimes offers Guarantees with perks when the booking is made close to sailing. It's the "Sail Away" rate that doesn't include any perks.

Correct you are.  I should have equivocated.  To the OP, I guess I'd say "double check" the pricing to confirm it really is the deal you think it is.  Might be...might not.