Unlimited Dining Plan - Harmony

I am sailing on the Harmony in October.  I just booked the Unlimited Dining Plan today.  I read through another thread on here of people comparing the Ultimate vs Unlimited but I'm still not finding all the information I would like.  Anyone know the answers to these?

- What restaurants are included on Harmony?

- Can I get multiple appetizers?

- At 150 Central, I see the beef tenderloin is for 2, do they have a version for 1 if no one else in my party wants to share it?  

- Can this be used on Embarkation day?

- Is it hard to get reservations when we board?  I'm really interested in the Hibachi since it sounds like that is now included.  

Any feedback on the specialty dining is also appreciated.  I've never eaten at any of them.  With the unlimited plan, I should be able to try all of them.

10 minutes ago, mickeygirl78 said:

I am sailing on the Harmony in October.  I just booked the Unlimited Dining Plan today.  I read through another thread on here of people comparing the Ultimate vs Unlimited but I'm still not finding all the information I would like.  Anyone know the answers to these?

- What restaurants are included on Harmony?

- Can I get multiple appetizers?

- At 150 Central, I see the beef tenderloin is for 2, do they have a version for 1 if no one else in my party wants to share it?  

- Can this be used on Embarkation day?

- Is it hard to get reservations when we board?  I'm really interested in the Hibachi since it sounds like that is now included.  

Any feedback on the specialty dining is also appreciated.  I've never eaten at any of them.  With the unlimited plan, I should be able to try all of them.

Chops, Izumi, Hibachi, Jamies, Wonderland and 150CP and Sabor are all included.

150CP will make the tenderloin for 1.

lunch at Jamie’s or Sabor is most likely included on embarkation day.

hibachi is the one restaurant where your choice of times will be very limited.  On Symphony I was the first in line at the kiosk in the promenade and they only had one day left.  

• Like 1

Just got off Harmony  two weeks ago and had the UDP. We had no problem going to any restaurant for dinner (Hibachi was included and we did not get charged for the two item meal). We went to Sabor on embarkation day as well as a couple of port days when it opened at 2:00 for lunch. We went to Izumi for lunch on the first sea day and Jamie's on the 2nd sea day. We did not make reservations for lunch, but should have in hindsight as we wanted to go back to Izumi the 2nd sea day but were turned away do to capacity. We saw other people turned away at Jamie's after we got a table. Worth it to us for a ship that has so many specialty dining options, but I don't think we would buy it for every sailing.

Multiple appetizers have always been included. The only time we asked for multiple entrees was the last night in 150 CP where we asked for the beef tenderloin for two and one lobster thermidor to share. There was no issue at all with that request.

The only restaurant that wasn't really our speed was Wonderland, but I would still say to try it out. You might love it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, skoolbusdrvr said:

Cruising Harmony in September so can I go to Specialty dining for dinner and then later on go for guacamole for late-night snack at Mexican restaurant and going on the harmony

You can go anytime the restaurant is open as has availability.

21 minutes ago, Ronaldo807 said:

Just got off Harmony  two weeks ago and had the UDP. We had no problem going to any restaurant for dinner (Hibachi was included and we did not get charged for the two item meal). We went to Sabor on embarkation day as well as a couple of port days when it opened at 2:00 for lunch. We went to Izumi for lunch on the first sea day and Jamie's on the 2nd sea day. We did not make reservations for lunch, but should have in hindsight as we wanted to go back to Izumi the 2nd sea day but were turned away do to capacity. We saw other people turned away at Jamie's after we got a table. Worth it to us for a ship that has so many specialty dining options, but I don't think we would buy it for every sailing.

Multiple appetizers have always been included. The only time we asked for multiple entrees was the last night in 150 CP where we asked for the beef tenderloin for two and one lobster thermidor to share. There was no issue at all with that request.

The only restaurant that wasn't really our speed was Wonderland, but I would still say to try it out. You might love it.

Thank you for the review.  I've never eaten at any of the specialties but some of the people I'm traveling with wanted to do them, so we're going all in.  There were a few places that I want to try two appetizers so I'm happy to hear that is allowed.  I'm especially hopeful there will be a Hibachi reservation available, we plan to make our reservations as soon as we board. 

Were there any favorite food items you would recommend?   I'm not sure Wonderland will be my speed either, but since we'll have the UDP, I figure it's the time to try it. 

4 minutes ago, mickeygirl78 said:

Thank you for the review.  I've never eaten at any of the specialties but some of the people I'm traveling with wanted to do them, so we're going all in.  There were a few places that I want to try two appetizers so I'm happy to hear that is allowed.  I'm especially hopeful there will be a Hibachi reservation available, we plan to make our reservations as soon as we board. 

Were there any favorite food items you would recommend?   I'm not sure Wonderland will be my speed either, but since we'll have the UDP, I figure it's the time to try it. 

All of it :). We liked all the meals in the specialty dining outside of Wonderland (Wonderland wasn't bad, just not our cup of tea). There are a lot of things that I would probably never order at home just because of the combinations of ingredients, but are always surprised at how good they are on the cruise. It could also be the deluxe beverage package talking at that point.