Breakaway Ice Bar

Shoppie124

5 minutes ago, Shoppie124 said:

Is the Ice Bar worth doing? 

Do they allow kids?

Are the drinks pre-made or can you order what you want?

I went to the icebar in London and the drinks were pre-made and super sweet

My onboard experience--3 years ago--was also premade and overly sweet drinks.  Enjoyed it as a one-time experience, however.

51 minutes ago, Shoppie124 said:

Do they allow kids?

Kids are allowed. 

They have set, pre mixed drinks (with or without alcohol). 

Kinda sweet. 

1 hour ago, Shoppie124 said:

Do they allow kids?

The drinks are pre-made. The real question is this: Is the Ice Bar worth it? To me it is not. It is nothing more than a commercial walk-in freezer, that has been decorated to look like a bar. If you want to go in and get cold, then by all means go for it. To me, since I have access to a walk in freezer, it is definitely not worth it.

24 minutes ago, zqvol said:

The drinks are pre-made. The real question is this: Is the Ice Bar worth it? To me it is not. It is nothing more than a commercial walk-in freezer, that has been decorated to look like a bar. If you want to go in and get cold, then by all means go for it. To me, since I have access to a walk in freezer, it is definitely not worth it.

I did it in London.  It was nice.  The drinks were sweet.  I don’t care for sweet.  I was think my daughter might enjoy it though 

37 minutes ago, TravelFun251 said:

Does the Ice Bar cost extra to enter? And if you have a the drink package, are those included when in there? New to NCL, sailing Breakaway in July.

it does cost extra but I can't remember the price right now. The drinks are included with the fee to get in (if I recall correctly) I think you get 2 with admission but as I said, I don't  remember exactly. 

I think we paid $20.00.  They give you (loan you) a metallic and fur poncho, gloves & 2 drinks.  There's a time limit of an hour so they can let the next group in.  There were a few neat ice sculptures in there, the Empire State Building and a throne that we all took turns sitting on and literally freezing our butts off for pictures.  The girls in our sandals were proud we made it the full hour.  It was fun for our group but I don't think I'd need to do it again. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TravelFun251 said:

Does the Ice Bar cost extra to enter? And if you have a the drink package, are those included when in there? New to NCL, sailing Breakaway in July.

As I recall it is $29 and that gets you either one or two drinks. The beverage package cannot be used in the ice bar.

• Like 1