Bermuda change of plans

HOSKI

My girls and I were booked on the Majesty to Bermuda for October and would have had two half days in Bermuda.  Our plans were to go to the zoo the first day then stay at the dockyard the second day.  I was not happy about the short time there so I ended up changing it to the Anthem the week before and giving us two full days in Bermuda.  My youngest is a water child but the middle daughter and I don't really care if we swim.  I'm now wanting to do the following and hope it works and will need some suggestions.  Day 1 ferry to Hamilton for a quick walk around then to the zoo by bus.  At the end we would just reverse this.  Day 2 a very quick visit to the closest beach then do the dockyard and fort area.

What is the closest beach to the dockyard?  It doesn't need to be really nice just a place for the little one to get wet.  What flaws do you see with my plan?  Of course if it is too cold the beach would get knocked off.  I'm thinking it will be too cold on the ship for her to swim so I would like to let her get a quick dip in a beach. 

This is my second visit to Bermuda and their first.

Closest beach is right at the Dockyard, but it's about $5 a person.  It's a man made beach next to the fort.  Very rocky as you enter, but tons of fish if any of you like to snorkel.