Vista Date Changes: How many of you would have trouble?

Lee Cruiser

38 minutes ago, jakeawhite said:

I wouldn't think of it as less compensation considering you can either get all your money back + 50% back for another cruise OR get to enjoy a great 8 day vacation and still get 50% back on another cruise! The others don't get the option of still enjoying their vacation. So it's not just 50%, it's 50% plus the cost of your cruise back if you cancel.

It does really suck for those with flight/hotel plans, but for me it's a great deal! We'll get $800 between the 4 of us to spend, an extra night of fun, and a good discount on our next cruise!

It's less compensation when you get no vacation and a 50% coupon.  The shift of dates would've been a major hassle and the point is...our cruise was cancelled.  They can spin it anyway they want, but we booked a cruise leaving on 6/29 and going to Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel and Carnival cancelled it.  We should get the 100% just like everyone else.   Maybe some think the idea of 3 straight sea days to get somewhere that should take just one...on a partially functional, depressed ship is a good time...but we don't.

Edited by Fballguy
typo

3 minutes ago, Fballguy said:

It's less compensation when you get no vacation and a 50% coupon.  The shift of dates would've been a major hassle and the point is...our cruise was cancelled.  They can spin it anyway they want, but we booked a cruise leaving on 6/29 and going to Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel and Carnival cancelled it.  We should get the 100% just like everyone else.   Maybe some think the idea of 3 straight sea days to get somewhere that should take just one...on a partially functional, depressed ship is a good time...but we don't.

I guess differing points of view. To me it's a schedule change and I'm not worried about it. I'm excited to get onboard!

6 minutes ago, jakeawhite said:

I guess differing points of view. To me it's a schedule change and I'm not worried about it. I'm excited to get onboard!

You sound like someone that cruises to just be on a ship.  We cruise for the destinations.  And we're not fans of having to scramble at the last minute after months of planning.

47 minutes ago, Fballguy said:

You sound like me..  Our last cruise was derailed by a hurricane. First, the itinerary changed from Turks, Freeport and HMC to all New England ports. Then it switched to staying in port at NYC for the whole time. I got on the phone and was able to switch to a later cruise date. Everyone was like "Oh, you should have stayed with the original..we had the best time in NYC" Um, no. I wanted Caribbean, not a city that I can drive to in 3 hours. 

I am sorry, I'm sure the disappointment is overwhelming.

1 hour ago, Fballguy said:

I certainly see your point.  Since the dates shifted and the ports have changed, your cruise was essentially cancelled and they moved you to a different one.  I was really shocked that they were even offering the 100% future cruise voucher for those that were cancelled.  That seems like a first as far as I can remember.  I believe on the Triumph repairs they were just offering 25%.  But someone else may be able to give more information on that.

Very generous but we'd have issues. My husband is a solo artist and has dates he'd not be able to miss. My work is extremely strict about vacation time and I don't have back up for most of my work so that would be a problem.

We also fly and arrange pet sitters. 

We were on a re-routed Cuba cruise and had to change it because no thanks to Nassau as a port. The cruise we choose was a week earlier and a day longer. I was amazed at how much I had to change to make that happen! Thankfully I hadn't booked airfare or hotel yet.

I saw one girl post that she had her wedding planned for the canceled cruise. That would be so disappointing but things do happen.