1972, 1974 & 1991 cruises

This may be something that has been done to death. We are trying to get some evidence together for Princess for our old P&O and Sitmar cruises on the above years. Not all our later cruises have been with Princess. If we get the correct dates it will put us over the days required for Elite. National Archives and Immigration do not hold data if your returning to Australia from a cruise. I have got Newspaper shipping arrivals & departures but only from Sydney, We embarked in Brisbane on the longest one and we cannot find the dates of the full cruise. Princess has given us 7days for each cruise however they were all more than that one being 21 days in 1974. They are quite happy to give us the correct days if we can get the proof. Has anyone travelled on Oriana November/December 1972, Fairsky September 1974 or Fairstar April 1991. Maybe someone has kept a bit more memorabilia that we did or does someone know where the heck you can get the info from.

We have also tried Lloyds in England to no avail.

I hope I'm not asking the wrong thing for this Board, if so just ignore. I also hope there is someone that can assist.

Edited by Savitore
Spelling

You are not asking the wrong thing. Hopefully some one will have been on one of the cruises you are trying to prove and be able to supply you with more information. We were able to prove our first 8 or 10 cruises because our photo albums had a little cut-out from the cruise brochure that showed date, cruise number and ports of call. It is possible that someone here will be able to give you that information so you can get these cruises credited to your Captain's Circle account.

I have just checked: we were on a Fairstar cruise from 12th January, 1991, not in April 1991.

Edited by Aus Traveller

Eureka! We have found the Fairstar cruise book for 1991. The April 1991 cruises are as follows:

7th April, cruise number 63, 13 nights from Sydney to Lautoka, Champagne Bay, Vila, Mystery Is and Noumea.

20th April, cruise number 64, 14 nights from Sydney to Suva, Dravuni Island, Lautoka, Vila, Mystery Island and Noumea.

You will probably remember from the ports which one you were on.

I can't help you with cruises on the Oriana or the Fairsky but someone else might be able to.

Cheers Aus Traveller,

Cruise 64 was the one, however they cancelled Lautoka and put in Isle of Pines. I have the Sydney Morning Hmerald shipping notes so we knew it was the 20th. We took our 2 boys out of school so they got Easter hols and a cruise.

Thanks again

SAV

51 minutes ago, Savitore said:

Cheers Aus Traveller,

Cruise 64 was the one, however they cancelled Lautoka and put in Isle of Pines. I have the Sydney Morning Hmerald shipping notes so we knew it was the 20th. We took our 2 boys out of school so they got Easter hols and a cruise.

Thanks again

SAV

All the best. I hope the Captains Circle people recognise your cruises. 🙂

Edited by Aus Traveller

Do you have any photos taken on your cruise?

I had one with the Captain on my 1988 Fairstar cruise and my Husband had a photo taken in front of the Oriana life bouy on his 1986 cruise and Princess accepted both.

We said mine was 9 days and his was 11 days and they accepted that as well.

13 minutes ago, Cathy611 said:

Do you have any photos taken on your cruise?

I had one with the Captain on my 1988 Fairstar cruise and my Husband had a photo taken in front of the Oriana life bouy on his 1986 cruise and Princess accepted both.

We said mine was 9 days and his was 11 days and they accepted that as well.

Yes we have ship photographers photos of each cruise, we are just trying to get the dates correct as they have shortchanged us on the days. Our Princess rep is on holidays and we are trying to get as much info before she comes back. It adds up to 31 days and will give us Elite status.

11 hours ago, Savitore said:

Yes we have ship photographers photos of each cruise, we are just trying to get the dates correct as they have shortchanged us on the days. Our Princess rep is on holidays and we are trying to get as much info before she comes back. It adds up to 31 days and will give us Elite status.

I think you are going about it the right way. When I was trying to get our eight Fairstar cruises recognized, I quoted the cruise numbers, dates and ports of call. I offered to have photos copied and send to the Captains Circle rep, but he said it wasn't necessary. I hope it all works out for you and that you achieve your Elite status.

I have made up 3 folders for each cruise with photos, photos of slide dates & newspaper Shipping dates from Sydney and 1972 immigration stats that show the passengers that are disembarking along the way. The 1974 one Bris/Bris is the hardest as we can only track our Sydney shipping and not actually leaving/arriving in Brisbane. The Syd/Syd is 21 days so the Bris/Bris has to be the same. We were told that they are tightening up their acceptance of these older cruises and require more evidence to prove the dates. The Captains Circle rep on Sapphire P gave us some tips and ideas to put in as we had just given up and going with what we had. That is why we are trying to get this together.

2 hours ago, Savitore said:

I have made up 3 folders for each cruise with photos, photos of slide dates & newspaper Shipping dates from Sydney and 1972 immigration stats that show the passengers that are disembarking along the way. The 1974 one Bris/Bris is the hardest as we can only track our Sydney shipping and not actually leaving/arriving in Brisbane. The Syd/Syd is 21 days so the Bris/Bris has to be the same. We were told that they are tightening up their acceptance of these older cruises and require more evidence to prove the dates. The Captains Circle rep on Sapphire P gave us some tips and ideas to put in as we had just given up and going with what we had. That is why we are trying to get this together.

Wow, really out you through the hoops now, I think when 8 did it years ago they pretty much just took your word for it.

Hi All,

Our Princess cruise rep is back and she asked us to send the info we had and guess what!!!!! Today got an email back and voila we now have all our points. So thank you to all that helped, 'PerfectlyPerth' I have joined the group you suggested but not any help with dates etc. It's all academic now we are IN, so no more chasing around.

Cheers all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Savitore said:

Hi All,

Our Princess cruise rep is back and she asked us to send the info we had and guess what!!!!! Today got an email back and voila we now have all our points. So thank you to all that helped, 'PerfectlyPerth' I have joined the group you suggested but not any help with dates etc. It's all academic now we are IN, so no more chasing around.

Cheers all.

Congratulations!!! That's superb. 😁

On 6/24/2019 at 4:49 PM, PerfectlyPerth said:

Maybe ask on https://www.facebook.com/P-O-SS-Oriana-1960-2004-24417281414/

loads of past crew and passengers with exceptional memories and also memorabilia that may include something dated that matches your dates. 

Thanks for the FB page, Husband is looking through it now.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Savitore said:

Hi All,

Cheers all.

Great news.

On 6/28/2019 at 4:28 PM, Savitore said:

Hi All,

Cheers all.

Excellent!!!!