Dublin Excursions

I will be on the Celebrity Reflection which will be docking overnight in Dublin.  It supposedly arrives a 4:45am.  For some reason the ship is not currently offering any excursions in this port and I was interested in seeing the Cliffs of Moher.  On Viator there is an excursion that leaves from the city center at 7:45am.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get to the pick-up point.  I know a cab is my best choice but how do I guarantee I can catch one at this hour and make it to my destination.  Are there any other suggestions for an excursion in Dublin?  Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Kitty-Kat said:

Thank you.  Had read about an app called MyTaxi but couldn't get it to download correctly and wasn't sure about Uber

MyTaxi is now called 'Free Now' try to download that one.  If you use Uber, you will still get a regular taxi.

On 7/2/2019 at 1:00 PM, VMax1700 said:

If you use Uber, you will still get a regular taxi.

You actually have a choice-- you can select UberTaxi and have a taxi show up (the price is metered like normal but you pay through the app) or you can select UberBlack and get a nicer car. Most of these in my experience are Mercedes S and E class. 

I am not trying to change your mind at all, but the Cliffs of Moher are on the west coast, and although they are really popular with tourists, there are many attractions in Ireland that are equal if not much better. (I realize everyone has different tastes, but having been to Ireland several times, I really enjoyed the hop-on hop-off bus in Dublin the first time I was there. We stayed on for the entire trip and decided where we would get off the next time the bus circled around. You could also do research ahead of time to see which stops might be interesting). I think the trip from Dublin to the Cliffs of Moher is at least 3 hours so a 6-hour round trip. Perhaps you have been to  Dublin before so this would not be of interest.

If  you go to this web page for Dublin excursions you can then click "View Sailings" for the excursions you might be interested to see if your cruise is included. https://www.celebritycruises.com/ports/dublin/shore-excursions. I hope this helps.

On 6/23/2019 at 10:20 AM, Kitty-Kat said:

I will be on the Celebrity Reflection which will be docking overnight in Dublin.  It supposedly arrives a 4:45am.  For some reason the ship is not currently offering any excursions in this port and I was interested in seeing the Cliffs of Moher.  On Viator there is an excursion that leaves from the city center at 7:45am.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get to the pick-up point.  I know a cab is my best choice but how do I guarantee I can catch one at this hour and make it to my destination.  Are there any other suggestions for an excursion in Dublin?  Thanks in advance

Take a Grayline  bus excursion day trip to Cliffs of Moher, or Giant’s Causeway in Northern Ireland.   To get to pick up point, use taxi service.