Fast Track sagrada familia and the rest of Barcelona

Fairly new here.  Thinking of doing a day in Barcelona on my own (4 of us).  Reading about Sagrada Familia but not sure where to get "fast track" tickets.  I don't see it on their website.  Is this only for tour companies?  If so, any recommendations?  

Also, any suggestions on how to spend the day?  Self guided walking tour maps?  Or reputable tour guides if needed.

Thanks in advance.

Fast track sounds like a publicity stunt by 3rd websites to mark up the cost. All Sagrada tickets are timed so entry is within 15 min of that time. Different categories listed in Sagrada site and can be purchased. Starts at 17€ and goes up from there.

hkto is correct. The church's website lists multiple tour options with timed starts. We did the guided tour option and it was excellent. You can also stay in the church after the tour for more investigation. Our tour started on time. We purchased our tickets online. We started looking at the site daily starting 90 days from our tour. The October '18 schedules were available around 75 days before the tour (many here said 90 days but that wasn't my experience).

We also walked La Rambla. We really enjoyed the old gothic quarter and we loved the old cathedral. Many love Gaudi and search out his work. There is a large Picasso museum if you like his work. 

We only had 1 1/2 days before our cruise so we couldn't see it all. But we did enjoy our limited time there. Enjoy.

Book your tickets on the Sagrsda Familia website, they’re all timed entries. Suggest you go early to beat the crowds.

We did a walking tour of the Barri Gotic quarter with Runner Beans tour which was excellent, next May I want to do one of the Gaudi buildings. The tours are free but we tipped the guide well, he was a fund of information, plus had a quirky sense of humor! 

Another fav of DH and I is the Picasso Museum, we’ve always spent 2-3 hours there.

I'm looking at tickets on https://sagradafamilia.org/.  I would like to skip the line with guided tour with audio to hear the guide plus access to take the elevators.  On the website it seems if you get a guided tour you don't have an option to take the elevators too.  Is it better to take the tour at 9 am?  Thank you in advance for your guidance.

13 hours ago, taylortime05 said:

I'm looking at tickets on https://sagradafamilia.org/.  I would like to skip the line with guided tour with audio to hear the guide plus access to take the elevators.  On the website it seems if you get a guided tour you don't have an option to take the elevators too.  Is it better to take the tour at 9 am?  Thank you in advance for your guidance.

I just booked tickets,  including the "with towers" option.  I read elevators will take us up but we must walk down a stairwell.  I'm not sure about any other elevators.  Maybe someone who has been there will chime in.

49 minutes ago, Readytogokjs said:

I just booked tickets,  including the "with towers" option.  I read elevators will take us up but we must walk down a stairwell.  I'm not sure about any other elevators.  Maybe someone who has been there will chime in.

Does this also include the guided tour?

On 6/27/2019 at 3:36 PM, Readytogokjs said:

Also, any suggestions on how to spend the day?  Self guided walking tour maps?  Or reputable tour guides if needed.

Depends on your interests for the rest of the day.  Our daughter dances so we spent a good chucnk of time in Barcelona two summers ago and we'll be there again with her for several weeks at the end of this summer.

Some ideas, grouped by themes:

Architecture: Sagrada Familia, Park Guell, Casa Mila (La Pedrera)

Food: Pintxos and sangria on Carrer De Blai (restaurants all along the street, you should go to several).  Also ham tastings though the Jamon Experience is unfortunately closed!

Hiking/photography: Tibidabo (we didn't do any of the amusement park rides) we did tour the church -- beautiful views.  Parc De Montjuic is also an option (and castle).

History/shopping: Gothic quarter.

Also worth mentioning though I don't know how much time you have is a day trip to Montserrat.  It's gorgeous, you can take a cable car up, there are hiking trails, and it's just amazing how it's all situated on the mountain.  Pilgrims also travel there to see Our Lady of Montserrat.