snorkeling coco cay

3 hours ago, island lady said:

I would never be able to get back out of the water with the weights I would need.  😄 

Sounds like me when I was diving, the dive assistants asked how much weight I needed and I said 20 lbs, they were surprised, but that was just enough to get me down.  Today, I would not be able to get out of the water with all the weights I would need😳too.🤪

BTW, I ordered the blow up vests from Amazon for my granddaughter and me, they were only around 15$.

13 minutes ago, NewlyMrs.Kilday said:

If we bring our own snorkel gear, do they make you wear one of their vests? 

We've had them insist on vests before, and other times they don't seem to care.  In either case, the vests have been free to use on Coco Cay.

29 minutes ago, surfnsun said:

How calm is the water for snorkeling?  Would love to take my grandchildren, but they have never snorkeled before.  Ages 3 (doubtful), 8 and 11.

The water conditions change constantly.

Just back from CocoCay and yes, they do have buoys out there now.  Not sure if they moved the plane or not as we snorkeled  over by the rocks area.  Saw a  bunch of different types of fish, some big, so super tiny.  Also saw a sting ray.  So it was pretty cool.  

16 minutes ago, karena1 said:

Just back from CocoCay and yes, they do have buoys out there now.  Not sure if they moved the plane or not as we snorkeled  over by the rocks area.  Saw a  bunch of different types of fish, some big, so super tiny.  Also saw a sting ray.  So it was pretty cool.  

Are they still allowing snorkeling in the reef area?

4 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Are they still allowing snorkeling in the reef area?

not sure which area you are asking about. We went out by the rocks where the opening is.  We went all the way to where the buoys were.  So we snorkeled by the rocks out there

3 minutes ago, karena1 said:

not sure which area you are asking about. We went out by the rocks where the opening is.  We went all the way to where the buoys were.  So we snorkeled by the rocks out there

Yes, that is the area where we like to snorkel. Glad to hear it's still available.  Thanks.

• Like 1