Flight Ease - standard or basic economy?

wahwah1

Hi, I am comparing the prices of airfare between airlines and flight ease.  I noticed the price on flight ease are about $100 more for an economy class.  However, i am uncertain if flight ease is quoting the standard economy or basic economy (with no checked luggage).  I asked HAL and they could not give me a firm answer.

I will be flying from Canada to Europe on KLM/Air France with an open jaw flight. If you have any insight, it will be great.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, wahwah1 said:

Hi, I am comparing the prices of airfare between airlines and flight ease.  I noticed the price on flight ease are about $100 more for an economy class.  However, i am uncertain if flight ease is quoting the standard economy or basic economy (with no checked luggage).  I asked HAL and they could not give me a firm answer.

I will be flying from Canada to Europe on KLM/Air France with an open jaw flight. If you have any insight, it will be great.

Thanks.

I believe it’s standard (baggage allowed).

We’ve booked biz on KLM through FlightEase (great flight by the way) and had the same baggage allowance as regular biz class.

If it can’t be checked on flight ease (I think you can if you select it and then get the details - you don’t have to finalize) I’d make a call to check. The flight ease # should be able to tell you.  Otherwise book it and check with your airline confirmation code.  

I just did a dummy booking and when I clicked on the baggage for the flight it was the standard economy on the Air Canada website.  But, do make sure.  

the nice thing about flight ease is that as long as you choose flexible, you can cancel any time up until cancellation/final payment comes in play.

1 minute ago, kazu said:

We’ve booked biz on KLM through FlightEase (great flight by the way) and had the same baggage allowance as regular biz class.

If it can’t be checked on flight ease (I think you can if you select it and then get the details - you don’t have to finalize) I’d make a call to check. 

I just did a dummy booking and when I clicked on the baggage for the flight it was the standard economy on the Air Canada website.  But, do make sure.  

the nice thing about flight ease is that as long as you choose flexible, you can cancel any time up until cancellation/final payment comes in play.

Thank you. 

I just called HAL and they confirmed it is standard economy. They said they wont be booking us basic economy after 1 hr on hold..

32 minutes ago, kazu said:

If it can’t be checked on flight ease (I think you can if you select it and then get the details - you don’t have to finalize) I’d make a call to check. The flight ease # should be able to tell you.  Otherwise book it and check with your airline confirmation code.  

I am currently booking flights online through flight ease. I got no seat selection option and it is not clear if baggage allows as it just refers to the airline website.  It makes me wonder if this is basic economy.

For anyone reference, i called HAL 3-4 x today, and every sale associate confirmed they never book anyone on basic economy on international flight.  After i booked with HAL, i checked with KLM and they confirmed it is basic economy. HAL price was $100 more than KLM and on top of that, the baggage fee will be $150/bag roundtrip.  I am pretty unhappy how ever sales associate told me a consistent incorrect information.  I booked restricted air since i couldn't find the desired return flight on the flex.. on top of that, the final payment date is tomorrow. 

Just to let anyone know when you are purchasing flights through flight ease.

I would call them back and ask to speak to the air department - while their contracts are supposed to be for standard economy there is a glitch where sometimes it will pick up a basic economy fare with some international airlines (Virgin and KLM especially if booking either airlines as a codeshare w/ Delta - Ie: DL flight # but operated by KL/VA or a KL/VA flight # but operated by DL).  The air department hopefully can get this sorted for you.  It has been an ongoing issue for at least 6 months now.

2 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

I would call them back and ask to speak to the air department - while their contracts are supposed to be for standard economy there is a glitch where sometimes it will pick up a basic economy fare with some international airlines (Virgin and KLM especially if booking either airlines as a codeshare w/ Delta - Ie: DL flight # but operated by KL/VA or a KL/VA flight # but operated by DL).  The air department hopefully can get this sorted for you.  It has been an ongoing issue for at least 6 months now.

Thank you very much.

My flight was KLM with KLM flight # and the returned is operated by Air France.

I did call their air department and they said they could not do anything for me to get the standard economy. They said they could refund my fare without a penalty even I purchased the restricted airfare if i can ask my agent to talk to them within 24 hr.

However, my airfare was quoted in USD and i paid with a CAD credit card, so potentially i would loose two foreign exchange transaction fee. When i asked my agent to talk to HAL, i did inquire my agent to ask them if they will void my transaction instead of a refund. When my agent got back to me, HAL already proceeded with the cancellation without I obtained an answer.

I have no written documentation that i will get the refund back.. according to them, my fare was 100% nonrefundable even within the first 24 hr!!

I am so frustrated with HAL air department since i wasted 1/2 day. Even though they have a contract to purchase standard economy and all their representatives told me it is standard wconomy, they never offered get me to change my airfair to standard economy instead of basic.