Tour or excursion with someone with walking troubles

moesyk4

We will possibly be stopping in Cozumel with my MIL who is 70 and has had double knee replacement surgery. She moves very slowly and doesn't do well with unpaved uneven surfaces, but can walk on unpaved flat surfaces or do stairs with a handrail. She can get on and off a boat with rails and steps, but can be prone to motion sickness too. We are having a little trouble coming up with good excursions that won't be too....slow for my husband and I. Any suggestions? We enjoy beaches, just not for the whole day, so we have often enjoyed beach stops combined with a tour, but are up for interesting suggestions!

I'm wondering the same thing.  I'm on the Independence of the Seas with my aunt who uses a cane and walks really slow (doesn't use a wheelchair at all).  We're planning on the Tequila Experience by Jose Cuervo, which says it's mild activity.  She can probably handle that, but my concern is that the buses to get us there will be a zillion miles away from getting off the ship, which tends to be the case for any shore excursion.  She would never keep up with the group to get to the bus.  Heck, I can walk fine and sometimes in the past I've wondered if I'll keep up with the rest of the group to get to the bus or maybe lose sight of the guy with the sign in the throngs of people we have to push through.

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 5:00 PM, JohninDC said:

Schedule a private tour of the island through Black Hat or Tours Plaza

And then stop at the "Tequila Factory" (Hacienda Antigua) along the transversal road for your tequila tasting and an informed guide of the tequila process.  Granted these are the commercial Jose Cuervo brands at Chankanaab or Mr. Sanchos, but these are pretty decent tequilas for tasting and purchase, if interested in that.

At one time the COVI Liquor shop on  Avenida 30 had tastings from different rancheros, which is a better way to go.  Your driver may know if they still do.  Viator.com also had a smaller group private tour of the island with a stop somewhere for tequila tasting.  Check them out too