Roll Call NCL Dawn August 3, 2019

goldy24

I have just looked at the "Find Your Roll Call" and there isn't one there.  BUT if you do that you will see that the Roll Calls for Dawn cruises in July and August all have less than 5 people on them.

I imagine that short Bahama cruises are like 7 day cruises in the Caribbean or the Mediterranean with no interest in having a Roll Call or M&G.  Just the same as the ones that went to Cuba.

Hi,  I am checking out this roll call for my sister-in-law, cousin and niece.  They are excited about going, this is the 1st cruise for 2 of them.

They just booked and I wanted to find out if there was a roll call or a meet & mingle started before I told them about this site.

I always check out these site when I cruise, it's great making friends before cruising and finding others with some similar interests. 

Edited by 1char
more info

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 4:02 PM, 1char said:

Hi,  I am checking out this roll call for my sister-in-law, cousin and niece.  They are excited about going, this is the 1st cruise for 2 of them.

They just booked and I wanted to find out if there was a roll call or a meet & mingle started before I told them about this site.

I always check out these site when I cruise, it's great making friends before cruising and finding others with some similar interests. 

Hi, there is a roll call but unfortunately there is no action. Hopefully the ship will be different. :) There are 9 newbies (4 adults/5 teens) sailing on 8/3 and are excited too! Are they sailing 8/3?

Demographics of cruisers in the summer months on ships, packed to popular destination like Florida with school-aged juniors tend not to - IMHO - always generate a lot of interest in Roll Calls and/or M&G, etc.  

We're on the Dawn about 2 months ago & in fact, the Group Events Coordinator mentioned that they had not held or hosted a M&G for several recent sailings and the ones following us on the Canada/NE runs, also didn't had a big crowd ... sometimes, you do, get, last minute folks signing up - my rule of thumb is that 70% to 80% of those will actually show up & attend.  NCL always seemed happy in hosting when a request is put in, regardless of the headcount - be realistic & don't ask for a (free) setup for 75 when you only had 25 or 50 signed up.  

It is also fine to do an informal and/or unofficial M&G on the ship, embarkation day lunch, etc. - whatever the folks agreed to.  These conversation should be moved to & belong to the Roll Call sub-forum under NCL for the ship here, not on the NCL main forum.  It is also against CC rules to promote/mention that book (face) as you risk exposing plentiful info & privacy, and MODS here will exercise their authority to delete ... personally, from experience, I concur & respect the guidelines established.  

Some of the best Roll Call's M&G were on smaller ships as the actual headcounts on a mega-ship (like our longer 14 nights cruise) had somewhere around 125+ packing the venue & nearly impossible for everyone to mingle - whereas on the mid sized ships, we had greater gatherings with 20 to 30 folks, and, children/teens interested are welcomed to attend & come along.  Enjoy your cruise - with & without an actual M&G being hosted by the great team onboard the ship.