Solarium Bistro

I see on Harmony that the Solarium bistro is included in Specialty Dining choices but is 0 cost when put in the "shopping cart". At dinnertime, is this a buffet or waiter service restaurant?  We have been there for an enjoyable lunch and it was buffet.  so wondering about dinner.  

8 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

For dinner, starters and desserts are buffet, entree is waiter service.  Some entrees are extra cost.

Breakfast and lunch are buffet.

Bob, is it still waiter service on Harmony for the entrees.  I know on Symphony it is all buffet, they did have servers taking drink orders and clearing dishes.

9 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Bob, is it still waiter service on Harmony for the entrees.  I know on Symphony it is all buffet, they did have servers taking drink orders and clearing dishes.

Can't say for sure if Harmony does Solarium Bistro like Oasis.

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Neither can I.  We never went on Harmony but Symphony and Oasis were very different. 

It seems to me that if they are taking reservations, it would indicate it's not a buffet, but that's just a guess.

11 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Neither can I.  We never went on Harmony but Symphony and Oasis were very different. 

For dinner Harmony has waiter service for the entrees.  Everything else is buffet.  Symphony is the only Solarium Bistro I have experienced with all buffet dinner.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, lovelife said:

For dinner Harmony has waiter service for the entrees.  Everything else is buffet.  Symphony is the only Solarium Bistro I have experienced with all buffet dinner.

That would explain why I can't see it in my cruise planner for October.

18 minutes ago, depplep said:

That would explain why I can't see it in my cruise planner for October.

It should be in your cruise planner regardless of whether it is waiter or buffet.  I booked it for my October Harmony sailing a few months ago and it is available in the cruise planner for all of my bookings on ships with Solarium Bistro.

3 minutes ago, depplep said:

The only thing I see in my cruise planner is UDP, 3 nt package, And Chops, Jamie's, Hooked, Wonderland and 150. We're on Symphony.

That is odd.  I have already made Solarium Bistro ressies for two Symphony cruises in January 2020.

44 minutes ago, lovelife said:

That is odd.  I have already made Solarium Bistro ressies for two Symphony cruises in January 2020.

No, it's not odd.  It's Royal Caribbean IT.

22 minutes ago, icsys said:

Anyone know what the Bistro is like on Anthem? (buffet or waiter service).

It is in our planner under speciality restaurants and open for reservations.

Waiter for entrée and the rest buffet.  Symphony is the only one I have sailed on that is all buffet.  I love the Anthem Bistro.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

For dinner, starters and desserts are buffet, entree is waiter service.  Some entrees are extra cost.

Breakfast and lunch are buffet.

This is also the case of The Symphony. It now has waiter service for dinner.

8 minutes ago, 2ManyCruises said:

Thank-you for the update.  Are there also a couple of extra cost entrees on the dinner menu?

28 minutes ago, 2ManyCruises said:

When did that change.  We were on in March and while there were waiters they were only there to get your drinks and clear your dishes.  You still had to go to the buffet to get your entree. 

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

When did that change.  We were on in March and while there were waiters they were only there to get your drinks and clear your dishes.  You still had to go to the buffet to get your entree. 

We got off Symphony the middle of May and dinner was still totally buffet.  I rather enjoyed that it was different.

17 hours ago, brandy3415 said:

I see on Harmony that the Solarium bistro is included in Specialty Dining choices but is 0 cost when put in the "shopping cart". At dinnertime, is this a buffet or waiter service restaurant?  We have been there for an enjoyable lunch and it was buffet.  so wondering about dinner.  

basically a buffet with waiter service for the main course - with a very limited menu!🙂

Edited by Thorben-Hendrik