Photoshoot in Santorini

bina

Hi,

Thinking about doing a photoshoot in Santorini for my 50th birthday looking to see anyone has experience with doing this.  The flying dress photos look very cool 

Thanks for your help

Was a big confused about what you were saying, but with a little Google came into focus, LOL.

The "public" areas that the crowds walk are just plum packed during prime time, everyone is  exploring and the prime places where you the iconic backdrops of the white faced architecture and or white with the blue dome in the back that are publicly accessible are simply packed, people wait in line patiently for their 2" to get their social media shareable likes shot.    The main walk way is a possible shoot with the right lens, but you would need to setup quickly.  Think a busy Black Friday shopping mall and you are asking for a nice shot in middle of the store or indoor attrium.

The shots I saw with the huge flowing dress will require access to a private roof top or a hike down two what is a private area ( hotel, gated area ),   there were a lot of those, can't imagine walking down in that dress and the summer heat for a few seconds shot, few crowds but all for private residence/hotels.  Not sure if the crowds were just law abiding or that you'd be herded out in seconds.

You'll need likely to pick the day/time and bring artificial lights and a pro setup if you want that exact thing, if just a smarthphone selfie would sound like a bit stretch, but unique and different Like garnering post.  

I did see in my few hours there a couple and one lady really decked out,  it was something like 90's and it was still June.  Didn't see them in any of the gated areas just taking shots in better but far less comfortable outfits than us tourist selfies.

Edited by chipmaster

On 7/9/2019 at 6:23 PM, chipmaster said:

Was a big confused about what you were saying, but with a little Google came into focus, LOL.

The "public" areas that the crowds walk are just plum packed during prime time, everyone is  exploring and the prime places where you the iconic backdrops of the white faced architecture and or white with the blue dome in the back that are publicly accessible are simply packed, people wait in line patiently for their 2" to get their social media shareable likes shot.    The main walk way is a possible shoot with the right lens, but you would need to setup quickly.  Think a busy Black Friday shopping mall and you are asking for a nice shot in middle of the store or indoor attrium.

The shots I saw with the huge flowing dress will require access to a private roof top or a hike down two what is a private area ( hotel, gated area ),   there were a lot of those, can't imagine walking down in that dress and the summer heat for a few seconds shot, few crowds but all for private residence/hotels.  Not sure if the crowds were just law abiding or that you'd be herded out in seconds.

You'll need likely to pick the day/time and bring artificial lights and a pro setup if you want that exact thing, if just a smarthphone selfie would sound like a bit stretch, but unique and different Like garnering post.  

I did see in my few hours there a couple and one lady really decked out,  it was something like 90's and it was still June.  Didn't see them in any of the gated areas just taking shots in better but far less comfortable outfits than us tourist selfies.

I reached out to a couple of private tour companies and you can rent the dress for the photoshot along with the photographer , i

I am sure that they will find a spot for the photo session.

3 hours ago, bina said:

I reached out to a couple of private tour companies and you can rent the dress for the photoshot along with the photographer , i

I am sure that they will find a spot for the photo session.

I'm sure you're right. We've been to Santorini many times and for just a 20 min walk from the cable car this spot has never had anyone there even on packed multi ship days and there are many others.

TZ6_P1070631s.jpg

Edited by JBare

1 hour ago, JBare said:

I'm sure you're right. We've been to Santorini many times and for just a 20 min walk from the cable car this spot has never had anyone there even on packed multi ship days and there are many others.

TZ6_P1070631s.jpg

this picture is everything, thank you for sharing and your advice,  I am looking forward to taking my photo

6 hours ago, JBare said:

TZ6_P1070631s.jpg

Of course there isn't anyone, there are a ton of roof tops that have nobody and are spectacular as are there a few small areas with pools too, the reason they are PRIVATE. For the one you showing that really is an iconic one, will be shocked if that is where you get to shoot without paying a hefty penny,  if they had public access they'd look just like the picture I am attching, LOL.

I agree if you got a private tour, and you pay ( of course ) they will secure some private access, the question is where/what.  I'm sure if you are paying a pretty penny and they are professional you should ask the following

a) Where are you going to shoot, and what will the backdrop be?

b) When are you going to shoot ( lighting is critical )

c) What do you shoot with ( yes equipment will matter), especially if in the middle of the day in greek hot sun, the lighting will be interesting.

Good luck, do come by and share what the shoot looks like

Sanitorini.JPG

10 minutes ago, chipmaster said:

Of course there isn't anyone, there are a ton of roof tops that have nobody and are spectacular as are there a few small areas with pools too, the reason they are PRIVATE. For the one you showing that really is an iconic one, will be shocked if that is where you get to shoot without paying a hefty penny,  if they had public access they'd look just like the picture I am attching, LOL.

I agree if you got a private tour, and you pay ( of course ) they will secure some private access, the question is where/what.  I'm sure if you are paying a pretty penny and they are professional you should ask the following

a) Where are you going to shoot, and what will the backdrop be?

b) When are you going to shoot ( lighting is critical )

c) What do you shoot with ( yes equipment will matter), especially if in the middle of the day in greek hot sun, the lighting will be interesting.

Good luck, do come by and share what the shoot looks like

Sanitorini.JPG

Thank you for that advise, and I will make sure I ask those questions.  I don’t turn 50 until 2021 but I have already booked my cruise and looking at private excursions, these boards have really been helpful to me so I will be back with pictures 😊

22 hours ago, chipmaster said:

Prepare to be shocked and informed. I'll make it clearer, this photo is taken from a car park and there was noone in front alongside or behind me when I took it apart from my wife.

Edited by JBare

8 hours ago, JBare said:

Prepare to be shocked and informed. I'll make it clearer, this photo is taken from a car park and there was noone in front alongside or behind me when I took it apart from my wife.

Wow I'm shocked, LOL, here is what the OP was thinking, parking lot not

il_794xN.1844103483_5zpx.jpg

il_794xN.1844103965_lf9f.jpg

Edited by chipmaster

I am looking to do something similar to the photos posted, as this will be a onced and a lifetime trip for me and I will be turning 50 🙂.  Right now I am looking for the right vendor to help me capture the moment and i have time to find the right person, I was hpoong someone on the boards had done a photo shoot similar to this but i have received some wonderful advice on how to proceed with this project i am embarking on.