Irie Tours west question

TEGL

We will be heading to Curacao this September and are looking at the Irie Tours west package.  We will be traveling with our 5 year old son (who is also on the autism spectrum and has severe ADHD) and he is busy, busy, busy and a total adrenaline junky - he isn't much of a beach lover because he gets board quickly but because this tour seems to jump from beach to beach I think it will be up our alley.  It gives us the ability to see all the amazing beaches and not just sit at one beach all day and get board.  My question is those that have done this tour, is it worth it?  Irie seems to have amazing reviews so I imagine its worth it but would love any input.  We will be there from 8am-8pm and the tour is from 9am-330/4pm, is there anything else that would be interested to see after we finish that excursion?  Any input of places that are recommend to go/see/do are appreciated especially since we have 4 hours to kill between the excursion ends and our before 'all aboard'?

We were also looking at a boat trip to Klein Curacao but an 1.5 boat ride there AND back seem a bit much plus it doesn't seem like there was much on the island once you were there.  

I did this tour in April and didn’t care for it much.  The beaches we visited were ok, nothing overly great and it was a long day of travelling.  There was lots of stops along the way, but nothing really stood as being great.  

On 7/10/2019 at 4:34 PM, TEGL said:

We will be heading to Curacao this September and are looking at the Irie Tours west package.  We will be traveling with our 5 year old son (who is also on the autism spectrum and has severe ADHD) and he is busy, busy, busy and a total adrenaline junky - he isn't much of a beach lover because he gets board quickly but because this tour seems to jump from beach to beach I think it will be up our alley.  It gives us the ability to see all the amazing beaches and not just sit at one beach all day and get board.  My question is those that have done this tour, is it worth it?  Irie seems to have amazing reviews so I imagine its worth it but would love any input.  We will be there from 8am-8pm and the tour is from 9am-330/4pm, is there anything else that would be interested to see after we finish that excursion?  Any input of places that are recommend to go/see/do are appreciated especially since we have 4 hours to kill between the excursion ends and our before 'all aboard'?

We were also looking at a boat trip to Klein Curacao but an 1.5 boat ride there AND back seem a bit much plus it doesn't seem like there was much on the island once you were there.  

Klein Curaçao excursions start early and the ride out can be rough. I would not suggest this for a cruise ship stop.

54 minutes ago, bup1224 said:

Klein Curaçao excursions start early and the ride out can be rough. I would not suggest this for a cruise ship stop.

Thanks for the heads up.  We decided to do the Irie Tours so Im glad to see that you don't suggest Klein Curacao.  

We enjoyed Irie tours West tour.  It was a good way to hop around the island and you had the choice of what you wanted to do at each stop.  We snorkelled at each stop, but some people laid on the beach, some swam.  We had our own gear, though they did provide masks and snorkels, but I don’t think they had fins.  If sitting still is an issue for your son, he may find it to be a long day riding around on the bus, but each stop is a little different and interesting.  At one stop you will likely have a chance to see and/or swim with turtles, which he may enjoy?

Edited by trophy_23

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I did this this tour a couple of years ago and loved it!  We saw so many cool beaches.  Got to watch people jump off the cliff.  Snorkeled a little bit.  The bus we rode around in was fun.  They had unlimited water, beer and rum punch for us to drink.  We thought it was a really awesome way to see a lot of the island and many of its beaches.  We'll be there again this fall and wish we could do it again but our ship isn't arriving until 3:30pm.  Here are a couple of photos from some of the beaches we hit.  Good luck with your decision! 

IMG_5257.jpg

IMG_5264.jpg

IMG_5278.jpg

Just did Irie Tours Beach hopping tour this past april. Absolutely loved it. My favorite  of the  ABC island cruise. What's not to  love, Beautiful beaches,  cliff jumping,caves, swimming with sea turtles, pigs on the beach. Just a fun tour. Very reasonably priced.

• 3 weeks later...

Ummm does the Irie Tour bus have a washroom?  Or do the pit stops all have facilities?

I'll want to take advantage of the beer which leads me to having to use the washroom.

All 3 Irie tours interest me.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...