Carnival Past Guest Party question

cawhite

Hi everyone,

We are booked on the Carnival Liberty for a Med. cruise this summer.

My kids and I have been on Carnival previously and expect to go to the Past Guest Party. My husband has not been on Carnival previously. Will we be able to bring the entire family (including hubby) to the Past Guest Party, since 3/4 of us are past guests?

Thanks.

Carole

I can only speak from my personal experience...

When we were on our "Spirit" cruise, it was my friend Judy's 1st cruise. Everyone else was a "Past guest". She received an invitation along with the rest of us. Even got the little tie-tack ship's pin.

Hopefully they'll do that for you as well!!

Good luck!;)

What is a Past Guess party like? Free drinks and appetizers...Captain's speech?

Past guest party is about 45-60 minutes long, drinks, appetizers, the CD speaks, they run a video about the fleet, everyone claps when their ship comes up, the captain speaks, there is usually a giveaway...

Free drinks and appetizers...Captain's speech?

Usually the CD is your "host". While there may be some other minor "bells and whistles", something similar to the above is what takes place

How can I make sure I get a past guest invitation? Why I ask--I was on the Valor January 8. Going on the Liberty March 26. Pretty close together. Should I call Carnival or just assume they will treat me as a past guest? Also can I "drag" my DH along even though he isn't a past guest?

On your docs, there should be an area to mark whether you're a "past guest" or not. And if, by 24 hours after the cruise has begun, you haven't received an invitation...talk to the purser. As noted earlier, I seriously doubt hubby will have problems

Also can I "drag" my DH along even though he isn't a past guest?[/quote

Please - Don't drag him along if he doesn't want to go.

The reason I say this is because there are already SO many non-past guests at the party (because all of the above examples).....it shouldn't even be called 'Past Guest Party' any longer.:o

The parties are getting so crowded that the REAL past guests don't even enjoy them as much as they should be able to. Sorry, but I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Thanks everyone!

I do agree it really should be just for past guests... that's why I felt a little uncomfortable just taking him. I just thought he might like to go along since it's a family vacation and we try to all hang out together (he travels 100% for his job and we hardly get to see him except on the weekends and on vacations!). He doesn't drink so it's not like he'd be going for that reason either. Also, for example, if we stopped by the party on the way to dinner or a show, it would be easier to just have him along, rather than having to go back to the stateroom to get him. I'll just wait and see if he gets an invitation.

Thanks again!

Carole

We just went to the party a couple of days ago. The invitation was delivered to our room the day before. We didn't dress up, most weren't dressed up. They had it in the large lounge, you just sit at a table, I had thought it would be a stand up thing, this was better. we got there at 7:20, it starts at 7:30, we asked a waiter for two high priced drinks rather than those on his tray, we got them right away. At 7:30 nothing had started yet, so we took our free drinks and left.

I do agree it really should be just for past guests... that's why I felt a little uncomfortable just taking him. Carole

Sorry if my reply came across a bit harsh.

I think if there is a couple cruising together, and one is a past guest and the other isn't, then the other should be invited. That's if there are only two of you.

What bothers me - a lot - is when folks go and want to take their entire entourage, friends, etc. who have never cruised and EARNED the right to go to the party. Certainly, your DH should be able to attend with you, if it's just the two of you. Enjoy the party - it's nice.:)

Yes, we will be going as a couple.

IamtheSea - if some of your kids were listed on their fun pass as past guests, and some were not, that means your TA didn't give Carnival all the past guest #s, or if you booked directly, maybe you didn't give them all to Carnival? I don't think all the past guest #s automatically link up if you just enter one.

On carnival--when you are a past guest you are given either a gold card or platinum card.. If you are a past guest and get a blue one--go to the pursers desk to question that.

ALL past guests should not get a blue sign and sail card.

Last cruise we got our invitation the night before the party. It is not always the same time same day each cruise.. I guess it depends on how many past cruisers are onboard. But I am not cutting short a port day so i can go to the party...

Yes, we will be going as a couple.

IamtheSea - if some of your kids were listed on their fun pass as past guests, and some were not, that means your TA didn't give Carnival all the past guest #s, or if you booked directly, maybe you didn't give them all to Carnival? I don't think all the past guest #s automatically link up if you just enter one.

I think that explains it! When we last cruised with Carnival, our son was listed in our stateroom, while the girls were booked in another. Although our son moved in with them, he was still listed in our stateroom w/ our PG#. However, I don't know why the girls didn't get a number.

Although I'm a past carnival cruiser my 1st was back in '90 and Carnival doesn't keep records on past cruisers from back then. I've already gone over this with my travel agent and talked directly with Carnival and was told they just don't have the records of past cruisers for that long ago. Guess I won't be going to the party!

Although I'm a past carnival cruiser my 1st was back in '90 and Carnival doesn't keep records on past cruisers from back then. I've already gone over this with my travel agent and talked directly with Carnival and was told they just don't have the records of past cruisers for that long ago. Guess I won't be going to the party!

Someone posted a reply from Carnival on this a week or so ago... the response from Carnival was that you could send them a copy of your boarding pass, or an embarkation picture (that included the ship name/date) along with a photo ID and they would issue the credit. I don't remember the specifics, but you could probably do a search and find the info. GOod luck!

Archived