CARNIVAL SPIRIT....NEXT REFITTING?

AmberTeka

We  are going  on our first  Alaskan cruise  Next  June.  We have sailed on the Miracle and the Legend.  I know they are  the same class of ship.  The photos of the Legend after being in dry dock are lovely. Has the Spirit had the same?          Second Week in June. One week round trip from Seattle.. What would  you pack? Where would you stay at the airport if you flew in a day early?    Thank you in advance.  Most of what I know about cruising I learned  from this board.  It is a true treasure. 

Amber; the only real difference is:1 Dive-in movies on Spirit is on deck 9 at the pool. On Legend it's in the Comedy club. 2.The legend has 4K rooms where the windows don't open. The Spirits open. To let in fresh air.

We have had both these ships here in Australia for the last 5 years.. Been on both over 8 times. Oh the Spirit also is not as bad decor as legend (The Urn's)

Enjoy...

On 7/22/2019 at 8:30 AM, AmberTeka said:

We  are going  on our first  Alaskan cruise  Next  June.  We have sailed on the Miracle and the Legend.  I know they are  the same class of ship.  The photos of the Legend after being in dry dock are lovely. Has the Spirit had the same?          Second Week in June. One week round trip from Seattle.. What would  you pack? Where would you stay at the airport if you flew in a day early?    Thank you in advance.  Most of what I know about cruising I learned  from this board.  It is a true treasure. 

We are too, except leaving June 2.  Always arrive the day before. So much less stress. It will cost a little more on your vacation, but when you wake up, you already know that you are there.  Hotels, I started to book already. Go onto Trip Advisor for some ideas, Hotels.com and Booking.com. It will give you an idea of cost. Don't forget B&B, and quaint small hotels. Groupons for the area. Check your bank/credit card for reward points, you just might get a reduce rate or free.  Getting to the terminal Lyft is offering $40 off for first time users. I could write a book on what we are doing and most of it is free. From Renting a car, hotel, gas, admissions to attractions, maps, gift cards.   So Happy you are going!!! Pack Layers. Not only will it keep you warm, but it will keep some clothes smelling fresher longer.  I live in MN,,,,enough said..LOL!.  Sweat shirt, waterproof jacket, big enough to wear a sweatshirt under it, Hat, gloves, T-shirt, 1 pair of shorts,  pants (Jeans) and 3 pair of shoes (at least), waterproof hiking boots (we do hiking), tenny shoes, dress shoes. I am also bringing a micro cloth, just in case shoes get wet, along with hair dryer. Shower caps to wrap wet shoes in if they have to be packed ($1 store).  Hope some of these ideas help. Happy Cruising.  So happy you are able to do this !!

Thank all of you  for  the excellent  advice.  NOW  I know what to buy and pack. We live in Florida.  When the weather  goes  below  40  we  get advisories.   Someone  told me that May and June is when you see whales.   Now that is exciting!

24 minutes ago, AmberTeka said:

Thank all of you  for  the excellent  advice.  NOW  I know what to buy and pack. We live in Florida.  When the weather  goes  below  40  we  get advisories.   Someone  told me that May and June is when you see whales.   Now that is exciting!

Yep, read that too, reason for going that time of year. Because of layering effect, dress is casual on board. Unknown about nights.  40....we are still in shorts and have the windows open... LOL