Trying Armonia

tigger54

Ok. So my husband and I have been on both Seaside and Divina and enjoyed both cruises. We are thinking of trying the Armonia since the prices are so cheap right now in the Caribbean. I know it is a much smaller ship and a much older ships. I would love to hear from some cruisers that have been on this ship. Pros and cons. What are some of the differences between this ship and the other two? Food, entertainment, cabins, etc. Is there anything special about this ship that you would like to brag about? We have taken over 30 cruises and like different things about each cruise line. Thank you for any info. You can give me.

I had cruised the Divina and the Seaview before the Armonia, so the exact same understanding of MSC as I boarded the Armonia.

I enjoyed my cruise on the Armonia. I liked how the ship still retained the very international clientele and great food that I had come to love about MSC, and the decor still seemed to be modern where appropriate (ie staterooms and stateroom hallways), but contrastingly reflective of its age in other areas (ie lounges). I also loved the price I paid for the cruise, as I really just wanted a relaxing week away in the Caribbean to celebrate my graduation.

The con, though, will be the lack of luxury. The Divina and Seaview/Seaside boast glass staircases, modern fixtures everywhere, and a very luxuriously modern feeling, the kind of feeling MSC is trying to capitalize on and brand itself with. If that's something you really like about MSC, you'll have to go without it this cruise. Also, being a small ship, it lacks a lot of activities. However, with two pools and four whirlpools, if you're just looking for a cheap, relaxing beach cruise, this may be a great option. 

Let me know if you have any questions, or want any more information!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, tigger54 said:

That sounds fine to me. Will there be theatre shows in the evening and live music around the ship? I do like the quaintness of a small ship.

Yes, there is a show every single night in the theatre, plus there is live music all around the boat. You'll find a variety of live music types, from piano soloists to quartets with a vocal soloist, plus the signature passenger karaoke. As you know with cruising MSC before, you know many people (to me, it seems like more than other lines) like to sit and listen to live music, so you'll still find it all over the ship all throughout the day.

Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

I also am going to try this cruise line. I have heard mixed opinions about it. I am just wondering what the daily tips are ? If anyone knows what the daily graits are i would appreciate it if they would post this. i am booked for next year. I saw that it seemed vague. Like i read something like 6 euro to 12 euro. so which is it lol. i like to know what i am paying ahead of time. I hope the entertainment is not consisting of opera as i hate that. but i am sure it will be a nice time we always have fun on our vacations.

20 hours ago, the mistral wind said:

I also am going to try this cruise line. I have heard mixed opinions about it. I am just wondering what the daily tips are ? If anyone knows what the daily graits are i would appreciate it if they would post this. i am booked for next year. I saw that it seemed vague. Like i read something like 6 euro to 12 euro. so which is it lol. i like to know what i am paying ahead of time. I hope the entertainment is not consisting of opera as i hate that. but i am sure it will be a nice time we always have fun on our vacations.

I must have missed the opera.i think some people just don't know the difference.probably the hill billies coming from ccl.

thank you i like all the cruise lines that we have traveled so far and that includes carnival. rccl, holland america,ncl and a coup[e of older cruise lines. I was reading things about a lot  of opera and i am not putting it down i love music. However just don't like opera. They all seem to have something to offer that make us keep booking.The hill billies can be found on all the cruise lines lol. 

Also question can anyone tell me if their are any beverages complimentary at dining in MDR? like water or iced tea or anything. Or is a beverage an extra fee. I am not talking about soda which i expect to be extra but basic iced tea or water should be complimentary . i know it is on rccl but is it on the Armonia msc cruises. some say they expect it to be but no one has been able to give me a definate answer. thank you

On 7/30/2019 at 4:04 PM, the mistral wind said:

are their machines with tea and water in buffet

The machines had iced tea, water, lemonade, strawberry kiwi juice, and some tropical mango juice. I brought my own reusable travel mug and refilled as needed to carry around with me especially by the pool. 

For me, just having gotten off the con was other passengers. So many rude people that would just stop and stand in front of you while you’re sitting listening to music. Kids running around screaming with no parents around, kids pushing into the lines in front of you. That, I put a stop to immediately. I think and am afraid that since prices went so low, clientele decency went down too. 

I did enjoy the ship, though and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. 

6 hours ago, CTurtlelvr said:

The machines had iced tea, water, lemonade, strawberry kiwi juice, and some tropical mango juice. I brought my own reusable travel mug and refilled as needed to carry around with me especially by the pool. 

For me, just having gotten off the con was other passengers. So many rude people that would just stop and stand in front of you while you’re sitting listening to music. Kids running around screaming with no parents around, kids pushing into the lines in front of you. That, I put a stop to immediately. I think and am afraid that since prices went so low, clientele decency went down too. 

I did enjoy the ship, though and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. 

thank you that was so helpful. i hope you had a good vacation in spite of the rude people. 

• Like 1