MSC web check in

frannie

What in the world is going on with MSC . did web check in several days ago  said completed . Went back in today to view and photo gone and says not complete .

Hope they run the ship better than their IT group runs the web site . Maybe we will need to wait til we get to Miami port to check in ???

Same with us last time on Seaside.  It looks like they want to take the picture there.  Could possibly be tied to the photo screening used now by port authorities instead of going through the lengthy face-to-face Customs visit.

I never could get a picture to take for Seaside or Armonia.  For Seaside it kept rejecting my sister's info, but suddenly it simultaneously took it and up popped an email with edocs.  and I was nearly 60 days out.  I hurried to print everything.  EM

I’ve also taken photos which have then disappeared and we’re on the Meraviglia out of Kiel next week.

Although that’s the least of my issues with the online check in.  I’ve had a nightmare and spent hours trying to check the 5 of us in.   My daughter checked in easily using the app, but I was unable to to check in on the app, so used the website, then after using about 3 computers and numerous browsers my husband was able to check in.  However, I’ve not been able to check in my twin boys at all, despite trying repeatedly.

This afternoon, I spent 30minutes on the phone to MSC who also couldn’t do it and promised to get back to me when it was done.  4 hours later and no word and they are still showing as not checked in.  

How can it be that difficult!!

After reading this thread I checked on-line for my sailing in October...68 days away...low and behold! I was no longer complete! I refilled in my emergency contact info...skipped the picture...saved...still said incomplete.

While casually checking my email a few minutes later...Low and Behold again! My E Tickets were ready to print. So I printed them. 

Curiouser, curiouser.....