Where is the Jade summer 2020?

jenf22

I keep checking NCL for June/July 2020 possible British Isles cruises.  The Jade has only 1 cruise in June 2020 and then nothing for July or August.  I know NCL can be slow, but I don't get what's going on.  Is the Jade in a 2-month refurb or something that takes her out of service?  Have they just not figured out the itineraries yet?  What am I missing?

Last refurb was March 2017.  So, based on their current 5-year plan, it should not get another refurb until March 2022.  It is possible that someone has chartered it for the summer.  Maybe an Olympics tie-in (7/24-8/6/20)?

Edited by GA Dave

I think they are just extra slow this year. For Northern Europe itineraries, the Jade isn’t all that late (although I’m still surprised that it has got this far into the summer-the latest previously was about May), but I’ve given up waiting now. Deciding between other options whilst the latitudes discount is on. If they then release something great for the Jade then we can always change.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GA Dave said:

Last refurb was March 2017.  So, based on their current 5-year plan, it should not get another refurb until March 2022.  It is possible that someone has chartered it for the summer.  Maybe an Olympics tie-in (7/24-8/6/20)?

I’d be surprised if it was the Olympics, given the location of the Jade before and after the gap.

• 3 weeks later...

The Jade has come back on as a 15  day  Jun 27 - Jul 12.  2020. Best of the Baltic’s leaving from Amsterdam.  I have been looking at it and trying to decide on the Family 2 Bedroom suite or 2 connecting balcony cabin.   Does anyone have any info on the 2 bedroom suite.   Does it have 2 bathrooms and is that 2nd bedroom OK for 2 adults or is it just a kids room.

9 hours ago, laxgran2 said:

The Jade has come back on as a 15  day  Jun 27 - Jul 12.  2020. Best of the Baltic’s leaving from Amsterdam.  I have been looking at it and trying to decide on the Family 2 Bedroom suite or 2 connecting balcony cabin.   Does anyone have any info on the 2 bedroom suite.   Does it have 2 bathrooms and is that 2nd bedroom OK for 2 adults or is it just a kids room.

The second bedroom is quite small, and ignores you have two pairs of adults then one will certainly have drawn the short straw if they stay there. It is just a small inside room with a sofa bed. I don’t recall for sure, but it may even just have a single bed and a drop down bunk. It does have its own toilet, which is handy as the huge main bathroom is attached to the main bedroom.

Really it’s just a kids room.

I have heard of adults sharing these rooms, and have also heard about the problems when deciding who sleeps where. I recall one time that someone said they swapped mid cruise.

It’s a great itinerary, by the way.

Edited by KeithJenner

7 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

The second bedroom is quite small, and ignores you have two pairs of adults then one will certainly have drawn the short straw if they stay there. It is just a small inside room with a sofa bed. I don’t recall for sure, but it may even just have a single bed and a drop down bunk. It does have its own toilet, which is handy as the huge main bathroom is attached to the main bedroom.

Really it’s just a kids room.

I have heard of adults sharing these rooms, and have also heard about the problems when deciding who sleeps where. I recall one time that someone said they swapped mid cruise.

It’s a great itinerary, by the way.

Thanks for the info.  That is what I was thinking the second room would be for me and my 18 year old Granddaughter.  We usually would take connecting balcony cabins at least that gives you two bathrooms.

I think it is a great itinerary and had looked at it a few weeks ago and then it vanished, nobody seemed to have an answer as to where it was going.  I then was told that on August 2 an email had gone out internally saying it was now going to be 15 days instead of14 days.   Originally it was ending in Finland I think and now it is going back to Amsterdam.   This would affect the rest of the cruises until they can get back on track.   I will just watch for a few weeks in case there are any changes.

We just  had a change on our June cruise to Cuba which was rescheduled at the last minute because of the Cuban embargo.

• 2 months later...