Seward Luggage Transfer

djwool

We will be arriving in Seward by train around 11am after a DIY ground tour. Rather than immediately board the ship, we chose to do an afternoon cruise around Resurrection Bay with Kenai Fjords Tours. My concern is what do we do with luggage for 4 during that time?

I thought I read that you could check your luggage through to the ship upon boarding the train in Anchorage but haven't been able to find that info again. I know the railroad does not offer storage at the station. Is there maybe a transfer service available? Can someone share their luggage experience?

3 minutes ago, mapleleaves said:

Just let the baggage handlers in Anchorage know which ship you're on and your luggage will be trucked to Seward and delivered to your cabin. 

(for others not taking the train, the boat tour companies will store luggage )

Great! ........and thanks!

The luggage transfer from Anchorage to Seward works very well.  Be aware, however, that your luggage does not travel with you on the train.  Rather, it is trucked to Seward separately. 

So make sure you have everything you need for your boat tour and Seward check-in with you in your carry-ons (boarding documents, passport, coats, hats, binoculars, camera, etc.)