Pacific Star Menus and Newspaper

sweet_successes

• 4 weeks later...

My girlfriend and her family went on the Star in January and she has kept everything. I have all the daily newsletters and also most of the dinner menus from her cruise to look at at the moment but have no idea about putting anything on this site.:confused: Let me just say though that you will be pleasantly surprised. One dinner menu has the following choices:-

Starters & Soups

Pacific Shrimp Cocktail "Calypso" (Jumbo shrimp with a Brandy Flavoured Cocktail Sauce)

Crab Quiche enhanced by a tasty Chilli Herb Sauce

Cream of Wild Mushrooms with Mini Fleurons

Double Chicken Consomme "Royal" (with Egg Custard and aged Sherry)

Entree

Tortellini "Alfredo" (Homemade Meat Tortellini with Ham Julienne, Turkey and Fresh Cream)

Main Courses & Carving

Seafood Turnover in a Lobster Sauce (Baked in Puff Pastry, Served with Root Vegetables and Gratinated Polenta)

Tender Pork Piccata "Ticino" (Escalope of Pork Loin, Topped with a Salpicon of Tomato, Ham and Cheese, Served with a Valpolicella Reduction)

Chateaubriand "Bouquetiere" (Roasted Tenderloin of Beef with Bearnaise Sauce)

All Dishes are Served with Appropriate Sidings or Tossed Mixed Salad with your Choice of Homemade and Fat-Free Dressings.

Sweets & Desserts

Profiteroles and Berry Coulis (Choux Pastries with Creme Chantilly on Forest Berries)

Pistachio Souffle with Chocolate Sauce

Ever-Changing selection of Ice Cream and Sorbet

Artisan Cheeses, Walnut Bread, Grapes and Stone Fruit

Sliced Seasonal Fresh Fruit

My girlfriend and her family went on the Star in January and she has kept everything. I have all the daily newsletters and also most of the dinner menus from her cruise to look at at the moment but have no idea about putting anything on this site.:confused: Let me just say though that you will be pleasantly surprised. One dinner menu has the following choices:-

Starters & Soups

Pacific Shrimp Cocktail "Calypso" (Jumbo shrimp with a Brandy Flavoured Cocktail Sauce)

Crab Quiche enhanced by a tasty Chilli Herb Sauce

Cream of Wild Mushrooms with Mini Fleurons

Double Chicken Consomme "Royal" (with Egg Custard and aged Sherry)

Entree

Tortellini "Alfredo" (Homemade Meat Tortellini with Ham Julienne, Turkey and Fresh Cream)

Main Courses & Carving

Seafood Turnover in a Lobster Sauce (Baked in Puff Pastry, Served with Root Vegetables and Gratinated Polenta)

Tender Pork Piccata "Ticino" (Escalope of Pork Loin, Topped with a Salpicon of Tomato, Ham and Cheese, Served with a Valpolicella Reduction)

Chateaubriand "Bouquetiere" (Roasted Tenderloin of Beef with Bearnaise Sauce)

All Dishes are Served with Appropriate Sidings or Tossed Mixed Salad with your Choice of Homemade and Fat-Free Dressings.

Sweets & Desserts

Profiteroles and Berry Coulis (Choux Pastries with Creme Chantilly on Forest Berries)

Pistachio Souffle with Chocolate Sauce

Ever-Changing selection of Ice Cream and Sorbet

Artisan Cheeses, Walnut Bread, Grapes and Stone Fruit

Sliced Seasonal Fresh Fruit

Well, I've just picked out what I want for dinner:) . Problem is, I can't seem to find the waiter to give him my order:confused: .

Guess I'll just have to stick with the roast pork for tonight:(

Karen

Well, I've just picked out what I want for dinner:) . Problem is, I can't seem to find the waiter to give him my order:confused: .

Guess I'll just have to stick with the roast pork for tonight:(

Karen

I'll just stick with the 6 pack of rum cans I just bought ;) . That reminds me, Dan has been very quiet lately????

Trev

That menu looks very familar - they're obviously recycling the menu's from Pacific Sky and Pacific Sun.

Yep, just looked at my menu's and that was, dish-for-dish, the menu of the Captains Welcome Dinner on the 2nd night of the cruise on Pacific Sun!

I have all the newspapers from our January crusie on the Star. I will try to load one up somewhere and post the link.

The menus are the same between the 2 ships. Going from one to the other we suffered deja vu over dinner. Different tastes and presentations sometimes. On the Star the Pavlova consisted of a merangue and a pile of fruit salad! Still nice though but on the Sun it was a proper piece of pav. The Brandy Alexander was completely different between the 2 ships.

Word of warning. They seem to put gravy on lots of things. The menu below Chateaubriand "Bouquetiere" (Roasted Tenderloin of Beef with Bearnaise Sauce) had the bernaise sauce in a scooped out tomato but the beef was covered in gravy. I figured if it had a sauce it wouldn't have gravy. And guess who forgot about it on the second cruise and didn't say no gravy. :)

Word of warning. They seem to put gravy on lots of things. The menu below Chateaubriand "Bouquetiere" (Roasted Tenderloin of Beef with Bearnaise Sauce) had the bernaise sauce in a scooped out tomato but the beef was covered in gravy.

Also, if you have this, and I'd recomend it because it's nice, don't cut into the tomato thinking it's a tomato stuffed with some sort of cream sauce:) . Not that I did that of course :rolleyes: Me? Never.

But I don't recall the meat being covered in Gravy.

The only "bad" meal I've had out of 17 nights on board Sky and Sun was beef meal (not the one above) on Sky, which 4 of us at the table had, and 3 of us got served with bits of leather and only one got a decent piece of meat... ever since then I've avoid the steak in the main restaurant - haven't eaten at the steak house on either Sky or Sun. Might try it out on Star though.

Thanks for the link Aussiedisneyfan.

I have finally figured out that to read it properly I need to print in out and then use a maginifying glass as to enlarge the pages it distorts the writing and you can't read it. It's only taken me all day to figure it out!! lol

Again, thanks for the time and the effort you have taken.

Cheers Rach

Hi Aussie Disney Fan

They are quite difficult to read but I managed to get the gist of the first and last page. Did you take photos or scan them?

I would appreciate them in an email so that I can show them in a clearer format to Hubby.

My email address is rachel.jay@latis.net.au

Cheers Rach

I didn't realise they were so small. I loaded quickly without checking. The originals are 1/2 to 1 meg file size which I can email or upload to my website if you would like copies of the full size.

Oops, just realised that I am on Sandra's Machine. This is Aussie by the way. One and only post as her. Of course I could get up to some mischief. :)

Hi Rallo, menu looks great:D hope it tastes as good as it looks, can't wait till end of August,the only problem with menu is we'll have 1 of our freinds winging all the time because she dosen't eat seafood or chicken[are what the hell she can whine as much as she likes I'm there to enjoy myself ]

Hi Rallo, menu looks great:D hope it tastes as good as it looks, can't wait till end of August,the only problem with menu is we'll have 1 of our freinds winging all the time because she dosen't eat seafood or chicken[are what the hell she can whine as much as she likes I'm there to enjoy myself ]

Hi Jaky1

I certainly feel sorry for you having a fussy friend like that but when I look through all the menus my friend loaned me to look at I see that every night there is a seafood dish, a chicken dish and a meat dish so she should be right - but how limiting!!! Not like me at all - I eat everything in sight and you have the right attitude - just enjoy!:)

Archived