Streaming/Premium Internet Access

Hi all,

Does anybody have insight into whether the premium Internet access is any more stable/reliable than the free? I'm in the camp that must stay as connected as possible for work so I was curious if the higher level is a benefit. I've seen various comments on these threads. We will be on the Voyager Barcelona to Dubai later this year. I realize Regent has been boosting quality, and that there are plenty of factors involved, but thought some of you might have an opinion or two. 

This will be our first time on Regent in years. We have more experience on Crystal (spotty) and Seabourn (pretty good, especially if you know which stairwell works best in a pinch). For the record, some of the best speed was on the Seabourn Quest a few years go crossing The Drake and in Antarctica. 

Thanks,

Herb

Edited by bizinsider
Added a sentence

All internet connectivity onboard a cruise ship is dependent on the satellite links between the ship and satellite and satellite to ground station.

Dead stop.

If you require constant internet connectivity, a cruise ship is not the place for your vacation.  Because either of those links may become unstable and/or unusable at any time, for myriad reasons.

Agree with above posts.  On Regent, the premium package that you pay for is no better (speed wise) than the included package.  The only difference is streaming.  

Regent will be upgrading their Wi-Fi once again by January, 2020.

The "premium" is no faster or better in any respects. The only thing it does is allow you to access sites like Hulu, Netflix, prime, etc. Since the premium is not any faster, even this access is practically worthless because anything you try to watch will buffer forever.

If all you are needing to do is access your email, download a small file or online banking you will be fine with just the regular included service.

J