Chatting on the Harmony

Hey everyone!

I have both Royal Caribbean Apps (Royal and Royal IQ.) My family is set to go on a week long cruise on Sept. 1. Can we still use the Royal app to chat for free or can we only use that function on IQ and have to pay the fee (which I know is nominal, but that $8 can be used to buy half a drink 😉  )

• Like 1

When I was on HOTS, it was only through the app and, although it works, u get no “dings” I or notifications, so u need to b constantly checking it!  Guess better then nothing!

Edited by SuiteLady

1 minute ago, SuiteLady said:

When I was on HOTS, it was only through the app and, although it works, u get no “dings”  or notifications, so u need to b constantly checking it!  Guess better then nothing!

35 minutes ago, Drock20J said:

Can we still use the Royal app to chat for free or can we only use that function on IQ and have to pay the fee.

Harmony transitioned away from Royal IQ and to the new RCI app. The new app has text/chat built in and is free.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Harmony transitioned away from Royal IQ and to the new RCI app. The new app has text/chat built in and is free.

That is good to know! I like this feature and I hope it will be implemented on more ships!

I have not used the RCI app, but my understanding is that it is on all the Oasis class ships now?  I will b sailing on Oasis next, but when I sailed on Harmony, it was Royal IQ at the time.....just got off Anthem and it was Royal IQ on there

Edited by SuiteLady

13 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Correct, but as I mentioned above, Oasis doesn’t have the text function yet. 

So if this is the case, how do I get the text feature if I want it?  Do I have to pay for the internet service?

18 minutes ago, SuiteLady said:

So if this is the case, how do I get the text feature if I want it?  Do I have to pay for the internet service?

Yes, get VOOM, or hope the text function is enabled by the time you sail.

3 hours ago, SuiteLady said:

Another option is to text via the ship's cellular service, called Cellular at Sea.  This would only be a viable option if you send very few texts as the cost is $0.50 / text for AT&T and Verizon. 

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Yes, get VOOM, or hope the text function is enabled by the time you sail.

Well let's hope for the best, as I am sailing May 2020.  I really do not desire the internet while cruising, as I like to disconnect as much as I can, however being able to text the people who I am cruising with would be helpful.  Thanks for the feedback!

7 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Another option is to text via the ship's cellular service, called Cellular at Sea.  This would only be a viable option if you send very few texts as the cost is $0.50 / text for AT&T and Verizon. 

Thanks for the information, it is not a favorable option for me, but it is an option nonetheless.