How do I respond to a thread response

12 minutes ago, SteveOdore said:

How do I respond to someone who has responded to my thread?

I'm not sure what you're asking.

Did you make a thread, and someone posted a comment on it?  And you want to respond to that particular comment?  Or do you just want to make another comment on your thread?

OR are you talking about someone "reacting" to your post?  There's no need to respond to those.

40 minutes ago, SteveOdore said:

Did you make a thread, and someone posted a comment on it?  And you want to respond to that particular comment?  Yes.

This is my additional comment in the middle.

But this is the first time I got this box. How do I get here?

To respond to a specific post, click on the Quote button below the post. This will put the post you are responding to in a box with a line to the left of it as you can see above. You put your own response either above the section with the line to the left or below it. (If you want to respond to specific parts of the original post you can do it within the quote box, but it is helpful to make your comment in a different colour, as I show you above.)

If the quote is long, and you are responding to a specific part of it, you can edit within the quote box to keep only what you want there. This is much more easily done on a desktop, and I sometimes don't bother if I am responding from my phone.

Edited by gnome12

39 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

To respond to a specific post, click on the Quote button below the post. This will put the post you are responding to in a box with a line to the left of it as you can see above. You put your own response either above the section with the line to the left or below it. (If you want to respond to specific parts of the original post you can do it within the quote box, but it is helpful to make your comment in a different colour, as I show you above.)

If the quote is long, and you are responding to a specific part of it, you can edit within the quote box to keep only what you want there. This is much more easily done on a desktop, and I sometimes don't bother if I am responding from my phone.

Thank You! It used to be so simple with the old format. Then again at my age the stupid is always possible. Thanks Again.

Steve

17 hours ago, gnome12 said:

On both desktop and mobile one can highlight the part of a post one wishes to respond to. When text is highlighted in a post a "Quote selection" button will appear. Click the button to create a quote of just the highlighted text.

image.png.55546707daab2aca5c6c3ea4b40b79be.png

Edited by broberts

43 minutes ago, broberts said:

On both desktop and mobile one can highlight the part of a post one wishes to respond to. When text is highlighted in a post a "Quote selection" button will appear. Click the button to create a quote of just the highlighted text.

image.png.55546707daab2aca5c6c3ea4b40b79be.png

I didn't know that. Thanks.

FYI to all:

To only quote a portion of a post is mentioned in the pinned thread on the first page of this forum titled How to: Reply to a Topic / Quote / Multi-Quote at https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2629963-how-to-reply-to-a-topic-quote-multi-quote/. There is also info about using it on a mobile device/tablet too.