Cruises including New Zealand

white_bear

We're on the Maasdam next January on a round-trip cruise out of Auckland.  We have just discovered (pretty much by accident) that New Zealand is introducing new rules with effect from 1 October 2019.  These mean that people who don't currently require a visa to visit NZ will need to get a NZeTA in advance (cost 9 or 12 NZD depending on whether you apply via the app or online) and also pay - at the time of applying for the NZeTA - a further 35 NZD for what seems, effectively, to be a tourist tax.

Further information at https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-zealand-visas/apply-for-a-visa/about-visa/nzeta

Just to let you know that I did post about this at the beginning of July. I applied and received mine on the first day that it was available, very easy process.

On 7/7/2019 at 7:37 PM, TTFromSommersTown said:

Just to let you know that New Zealand will require an eTA from the beginning of October for those people that were previously exempt. From what I have read the only ones that are now be exempt will be Australian citizens.

I noticed this in the last couple of days as I had my cruise in December re-fared. I know that this applies to Canadians and I am fairly certain that this also applies to US citizens as well.

You will be able to apply from the middle of July, but I would suggest that you wait until the end of July at least to make sure that the kinks are out of the system.

p.s I applied for my Australian eTA on Friday and from the time that I pressed enter on the last page until it was approved was less than 10 seconds.

4 hours ago, white_bear said:

We're on the Maasdam next January on a round-trip cruise out of Auckland.  We have just discovered (pretty much by accident) that New Zealand is introducing new rules with effect from 1 October 2019.  These mean that people who don't currently require a visa to visit NZ will need to get a NZeTA in advance (cost 9 or 12 NZD depending on whether you apply via the app or online) and also pay - at the time of applying for the NZeTA - a further 35 NZD for what seems, effectively, to be a tourist tax.

Further information at https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-zealand-visas/apply-for-a-visa/about-visa/nzeta

I was aware of the requirement for this visa when I booked my cruise to Australia/New Zealand, but the website I found must have been posted before the application was online - so I was really grateful for this link.  Worked perfectly - thanks!!