FCD for anyone?

FlaMariner

I have done it before.  The person you are buying for needs to have a Mariner number.  When I did it, who I was buying it for didn't and the Future Cruise Consultant obtained the Mariner number.  This may have changed - this was in 2011.

28 minutes ago, richwmn said:

While this was allowed in the past, the practice was discontinued a couple of years ago. The only way to get a FCD now is to be on board a dam ship.

Have you tried within the last year?  I was under the impression you still could recently.   

I would like to purchase a FCD for myself and my sister to go on a cruise together. She does not have a Mariner number, although she has a Carnival VIFP number. Would this be permitted?

4 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

Have you tried within the last year?  I was under the impression you still could recently.   

I haven't tried in a while, but there was quite a discussion on these boards when the policy was changed. I don't remember seeing any posts that the policy had changed back.

3 minutes ago, vms said:

I would like to purchase a FCD for myself and my sister to go on a cruise together. She does not have a Mariner number, although she has a Carnival VIFP number. Would this be permitted?

When it was allowed, you could buy a FCD for anyone if you had the required information. A Mariner Number or Carnival, Princess, Cunard ... helped but was not necessary. If the policy has changed back, you should be able to buy for anyone.

I agree with richwmn that the policy changed.  I believe it was Victoriann who reported about it. 

However, I wonder if one could get around that by actually booking a cruise for the person who isn't there.  For instance, I'm also considering a cruise with my sister and mother.  Two of us will be on a ship soon.  Could we not book a cruise for the three of us and pay the deposit onboard?  I am assuming it is a reduced deposit like the FCD would be but maybe not.  One would still get the double OBC that one gets with the FCD.  I know that one also uses valuable vacation time to book with an FCC which is not my preference but I'd do it if I can book the cruise for my sister.