Golf Cart Rental Safety Concerns

Djptcp

Thank you for alleviating my concerns about the traffic. Sometimes traffic is scary on other islands. We live in a gated community with two 18-hole golf courses so we are used to driving our golf cart all over and think this would be such fun to do on Bonaire.

• 1 month later...
On 9/18/2019 at 1:28 PM, miss_rach said:

Where /who did you rent the golf cart through?  I'd rather do it once I get to the port vs up front just in case we decide not to do it.

it's from Bonaire cruisers, just email them to reserve.  no money up front and they sell out so don't wait til port day otherwise you wait for the no shows.   no biggie if you reserve and decide not to do it. altho you should cancel so they can give your cart to someone else earlier.

On 8/15/2019 at 8:11 PM, Djptcp said:

We will be in Bonaire for the first time in Jan. 2020 and are interested in the golf cart rental. Are there special golf cart lanes or are you driving in regular car traffic? Thanks.

we just did it last week, it was great fun.   the traffic is minimal as others said.  cars, etc. will pass you.  a lil nerve wracking for me at times but it was great fun and we would do it again.   you can stop wherever you want too.  we had a donkey cross in front and hang out on the side staring at us.  too funny.   

• 2 weeks later...

You can also rent a Twizy from Roadrunner Bonaire. It is like a small open smart car. Think it will feel similar to golfcart but faster and safer. They will reserve cars and you only pay when there. Owner was very obliging.

6 hours ago, Kenato said:

You can also rent a Twizy from Roadrunner Bonaire. It is like a small open smart car. Think it will feel similar to golfcart but faster and safer. They will reserve cars and you only pay when there. Owner was very obliging.

I looked them up and the website talks about tours only. Do you know if they only do tours or do they rent them out like the golf carts?