Carnival Glory - LIVE - Aug 25-Sep 1 - NOLA - Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, Cozumel

Saint Greg

I got my bracelet and sticker and walked around for a few minutes. I came back at 11:25.

I freaked everyone out with this one. This clock says 11:25. But whenever you look at it through a camera it’s flashing 5-2-1-1.

60DFF85D-BC89-4DE2-AEE0-A19947159DF4.jpeg

We took a tender style boat from the pier to the sub, stopping to pickup a bunch of OTS types along the way.

They did a Safety briefing in both Spanish and English, then we continued to the sub location.

We Waited for sub to resurface and passengers to disembark.

Embarkation back of boat to front so if you want to be first on the sub....

I was one of the last on and I liked being close to the front. Since the sub wasn’t full we could spread out a little at the end. I also had a good view of the pilot and what he was seeing.

5546CBE9-B155-41EB-B1CA-F912D4E9D3F8.jpeg

E036D867-6DD3-4D87-A2DA-C8B770039583.jpeg

D53A055F-479B-4493-97C7-23B0E0FC1B32.jpeg

F4B4B64F-DB20-4359-A6DA-4C2CFB69336E.jpeg

280BFE75-49EC-407D-B44A-4B6EC9FBB0AD.jpeg

C97A5613-93D5-476E-90F9-305C5F503A9F.jpeg

61D220B1-4EF8-41D9-B3A2-08207DBC638C.jpeg

Edited by Saint Greg

8 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I don’t get the backing into parking spaces thing. I don’t remember this always being a thing...but it is now. And I don’t get it. 

It’s so annoying and potentially dangerous when I’m driving through a parking lot and suddenly the car in front of me suddenly stops...then starts backing towards me. Then I get to sit there for 5 minutes while they try to back it into a spot just right. 

I see people in empty lots. No cars around. They could just pull through. But they don’t. They stop. And back it in. I don’t get it. Are the practicing for a Saturday afternoon shopping trip? Are they trying to get their moneys worth on that rear camera like that extra drink on the cheers package?

I was talking about this at lunch recently and a guy at the table next to us overheard and said it was due to the oil field workers. They have a rule that they have to back in at work.

I’m still not buying it. It’s not just the oil workers in the big trucks. I’ll see a little old lady in a Prius backing into a space.

Maybe people just like to use their rear cameras. I don’t know. I wish people would just park normally like we used to. 

So for insurance reasons, my employees are trained to back into spots. 8/10 of our company accidents occur when backing, and 9/10 of those are when leaving. Basically as you arrive to a shop to driver something, you’ve seen the area and can assess where it’s safe to back in. This allows you to pull forward when leaving reducing the chances of an accident. If you pull straight into a spot you’re supposed to do a walk around to make sure there are no hazards that you could back into. 

Loving the review. Jealous of Grand Cayman. We couldn’t tender back in March because it was too choppy. 

• Like 1