Miami hotels near port

mucoyc

56 minutes ago, mucoyc said:

Thank you, everyone!!!  I'm a first time cruiser and appreciate all the info.  We ended up at the DoubleTree Biscayne Bay.   It allowed the 5 of us to stay together in a "condo" at a really reasonable price!

Was your condo unit nice?  I've been looking for a good rate for 4 of us (we really need 2 bedrooms) and I've been thinking about the DoubleTree but wasn't sure how the condo units were.  Right now I have 2 rooms booked at the Best Western on the Bay Inn & Marina but I can cancel with no fee.

We stayed at the Intercontinental before and it was great however the price for 2 rooms this time, is quite high.

Thanks.

We've stayed at the Hoilday Inn twice and are in no hurry to return simply because of the horrific elevator situation we ran into both times we were there. The location is great, but that's about all there is to recommend it.

We prefer staying at the Hampton Inn Brickell. A few minutes longer to port, but an awesome hotel with a good free breakfast (plus a free drink at the hotel bar). There are tons of restaurants and two Publix within walking distance.

On 8/21/2019 at 11:47 AM, Noworkforme23 said:

We stayed at the Hilton Miami Airport Blue Lagoon and we loved the location.

They do have a bus shuttle with a small fee, but we chose to take a Uber that we prescheduled thru the Uber app the night before. 

My very favorite hotel in Miami. 

3 hours ago, xkritter said:

Was your condo unit nice?  I've been looking for a good rate for 4 of us (we really need 2 bedrooms) and I've been thinking about the DoubleTree but wasn't sure how the condo units were.  Right now I have 2 rooms booked at the Best Western on the Bay Inn & Marina but I can cancel with no fee.

We stayed at the Intercontinental before and it was great however the price for 2 rooms this time, is quite high.

Thanks.

We will know at the end of Sept.  It is two bedrooms and the final price was $288.....AAA discount and nonrefundable.  The pictures look nice!  😀

3 hours ago, david_sobe said:

Nice place.  Its in great shape but when you walk into the lobby its 1987 all over again.  When the hotel/condo opened in the late 80s, Don Johnson actually owned one of the units while he filmed Miami Vice around Miami.

And when I say the lobby is pure 80's, I mean that as a compliment.  Its full gold and brass glory but very clean.  If you like the a 1980s, you will love the lobby.  It also has some great little bars/restaurants in back with a view of the bay.

Oh that's funny!  Thanks for the lowdown!

We always stay at the Marriott Biscayne Bay. It is a little expensive but we book as soon

as we reserve the cruise for the lowest price as they tend to rise the closer to the cruise

date. We always try to get a room with a view of the cruise port and it is so great to open

the drapes on the morning of the cruise and see the ship sitting there. We can also gauge

how fast the disembarkation is going by looking at the bridge traffic.

• Like 1