New to RCI - what should I know?

K8T

We are experienced cruisers, for the last 9 years we have cruised with DCL, we know how it all works and how to get the best holiday as to value for money.

Our dd is now a teen, so we've booked Anthem departing 29th Aug. out of New York.  I have searched the boards and found the answers to most of my questions, I wasn't so happy to find the drinks package increased in price within a few days - wasn't expecting that!   I see there are also extras such as watching a movie in your cabin and those extras are making me a bit anxious to be honest. 😳 I also see no DIY laundry, were travelling from the UK, spending time in New York, before a 9 day cruise, so guess we need to pay for laundry to be done, our weight limit is so small from the UK,  I don't think we will get away without.

So, what do we need to bear in mind to get the best value?  What are those little unknown things that aren't advertised, but seasoned RCIers know about?  What extras do we need to be aware of?

Ii really want to like Royal Caribbean, it's been a long time since we cruised with them and things were very different then!

Thank you.  

Thank you, I have read these and they answer all the questions I had, but I was thinking more about the 'hints and tips' , so maybe good places to sit, something on room service that's particularly good, things not to miss etc..

It is pretty much the same as other mass market lines.

There is not much insider things to know.

You really need to just go and discover things for yourself. .

If you really want to learn about the ship,  best way is to read the member reviews...... 

Be sure to jump on your Roll Call thread for this date (I'm sailing then too!) and register for the Meet & Mingle.  I think we are upwards of 200 guests to the M&M now.   Several folks sailing with us appear to have sailed Anthem before and loved it.