Shuttle bus stops in Spain

foxeysandy

3 hours ago, foxeysandy said:

Can anyone tell me if Azamara provides shuttles into the city center in Seville and Malaga and, if so, to what locations?  I'm trying to make plans for our November cruise on the Pursuit and this information would really help!

Seville, no -  Azamara has a excursion - "Seville on your own", Malaga - can't remember - sorry.  I think everything was close by.  Seville, depends if it's advertise as Cadiz, Port for Seville or you sail up the river.

Edited by aussie travel bird

4 hours ago, foxeysandy said:

Can anyone tell me if Azamara provides shuttles into the city center in Seville and Malaga and, if so, to what locations?  I'm trying to make plans for our November cruise on the Pursuit and this information would really help!

In May when we docked in Malaga we were in town.  You can literally walk across the street and explore.

Malaga has a large port area which is very close to the attractions in Malaga. Spent 2 days in Malaga.  First day, took a tour of town including the Picasso museum, historic ruins, and the bull ring.  It is an easy town and quite interesting.  Second day, we went to Alhambra.  The Alhambra is amazing.  

Seville is outstanding. I was on a cruise that sailed up the river and docked at the city.  Five minute walk to the center of town. Must see places are the Alcazar, Columbus tomb, and the palace. Seville is gorgeous with lots of parks, fruit trees, good food, and convenient trams.  If you dock in.  Cadiz is used by many cruises.  It is a 2 hour ride to Seville.  Seville on your own should get you into town. Have fun. I loved Seville. 

Used SpainDaytours in Spain and Portugal. 

We were in Seville last Christmas for a few days, having caught the train from Malaga and waked to the centre of Seville. 

If you find you dock in Cadiz, trains are every hour and take about 1 hour 45 Minutes to Seville.

Our hotel recommended a free walking tour http://www.freewalkingtoursevilla.com/.  

The tour highlighted all the major sights.

It was very good and at the end of the tour (which was about 2 hours) you tip the guide what you think is appropriate.

Seville is charming and has a lot of very narrow streets so we felt a good street map was essential. Have a lovely time.

We have docked in Seville once and Malaga several times. No shuttle bus required in either as the ship docks "right in" the city, short or slightly longer easy walks depending on just where in each city you want to visit, a bonus of cruising in smaller ships.

You might like to check out the thread "Maybe live some days from Journey 5 September" for up to date information and photos from Seville.