Brewers Bay Review

beachgirl32931

Was in Tortola on 9/4 and went to Brewers Bay Beach.  Taxi was $8 pp each way.  We had a great driver who didn't drive to fast over the hills or around the curves.  We paid the driver once there and arranged for him to come back at a predetermined time.  We were the first cruise ship passengers there that day. We stayed about 3 1/2 hour and there were no more than 20 people on the whole entire beach.  We rented lounge chairs at $5 a piece.  The snorkeling was great.  Passengers who had been at Trunk Bay the day before said they saw more fish in the first 15 minutes in the water at Brewers Bay than their time at Trunk.  I saw two eels, lots of trumpet fish and tons of other fish that I usually see snorkeling.  The one time I don't take my camera and there is a lot to see.

We didn't order food from the restaurant but we did get beer and soda.  The water was relatively clear but you could see the leaves and garbage that had blown into the water from Dorian.  

Don't judge a book by it's cover.  These people got out of the taxi as we were leaving and were ready to get right back in.   Taxi driver convinced them to stay.  Hope they enjoyed it. Don't hesitate to go.  You'll have a peaceful day and if snorkeling is your thing you'll enjoy it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

That was a strange comment...Arriving at Brewers is a bit like going back in time, many return there on subsequent visits...

Perhaps those folks were looking for a busier vibe like CGB, or were on a tour and just stopped for a quick look. We’ll never know...

• 4 months later...

All - thanks for sharing! The more I read about Brewer's Bay, the more I want to take my family there. My concern was getting a ride back to the ship but this thread and similar ones Re: Brewer's Bay have helped ease that concern. 

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

We will see what happens, but we are to cruise to Tortola for the first time in March 2021.

The beach threads are terrific.  Because I am so fair, we don't usually go to Caribbean beaches, but Brewers Bay sounds so good and so Caribbean that I would like us to go. 

I understand that loungers are available.  What about umbrellas?  Or even if there might be some shade where I can be safe?  Should I choose another beach?

Thanks so much!