16FEB2020 6 Day Tasmania cruise on Voyager from Sydney

mike60707

This should be an easy question, but when asking Royal Caribbean, they suggested I call the Australian embassy? LOL

Departing Sydney, cruising to Melbourne & Hobart Tasmania (which is still part of Australia) seems to me its a DOMESTIC Australia cruise....I received replies that it was a domestic cruise with no immigration formalities when departing the ship, I heard that you clear customs when departing on the ship, and I heard "I really don't know, call the Australian embassy !!!

Working for an International Airline for 30+ years and being a Diamond Plus member, I should know this, but unfortunately, I can't get an answer. 

The reason I need to know is that the ship arrives back in Sydney at 6:30AM, and we have a flight at 11:50AM to Auckland and on to Honolulu......

Want to be off the ship as early as possible and catch a taxi to the Airport.  Does anyone have an answer to this crazy question???

Thanks in advance,

Mike

42 minutes ago, mike60707 said:

This should be an easy question, but when asking Royal Caribbean, they suggested I call the Australian embassy? LOL

Departing Sydney, cruising to Melbourne & Hobart Tasmania (which is still part of Australia) seems to me its a DOMESTIC Australia cruise....I received replies that it was a domestic cruise with no immigration formalities when departing the ship, I heard that you clear customs when departing on the ship, and I heard "I really don't know, call the Australian embassy !!!

Working for an International Airline for 30+ years and being a Diamond Plus member, I should know this, but unfortunately, I can't get an answer. 

The reason I need to know is that the ship arrives back in Sydney at 6:30AM, and we have a flight at 11:50AM to Auckland and on to Honolulu......

Want to be off the ship as early as possible and catch a taxi to the Airport.  Does anyone have an answer to this crazy question???

Thanks in advance,

Mike

It certainly is domestic,however the only holdup you may encounter is late arrival of the ship or the bio boys. At that time of the day Sydney traffic is bedlam, you might be better of on the train from Circular Quay to the Airport. Hope this helps.

No imagination and minimal bio security. Being D+ you should be able to get of the ship early as long as there’s no hiccups.

The train would be the best option,the station is 50 meters. I suggest you have a bit of a look before the cruise.

You can use your credit card  each,as it electronic .and there’s 2 platforms,I believe platform 1 will take you straight to the airport,6 stops ,about 25 minutes,$19AU each.

Ideally I would stay a night in Sydney but it’s quite doable.