Made a review but not showing up

duck_keeper

I put in a review last night for my recent cruise on the Bliss, but I am not seeing it show up.

I wanted to edit to add more info (if I can that is), but can't find it.

Did I just waste an hour adding a review to only have it go into a black hole?

Thanks for letting me know the process mjacmom & dinas. I wanted to add that the bed was super uncomfortable ☹️

I should probably add that I am a princess and the pea type too 😃

Edited by duck_keeper

11 minutes ago, duck_keeper said:

Thanks for letting me know the process mjacmom & dinas. I wanted to add that the bed was super uncomfortable ☹️

I should probably add that I am a princess and the pea type too 😃

What did they say when you told them how uncomfortable your bed was?  Did they try and fix it, or give you those cushiony egg-crate things?

3 hours ago, DinaS said:

What did they say when you told them how uncomfortable your bed was?  Did they try and fix it, or give you those cushiony egg-crate things?

I didn't even ask for anything thinking they probably didn't have anything like that to give us. I just used the extra pillow on the bed to put under my side. By the 4th day I got sorta use to the board I slept on...LOL 😆

Live and learn.

27 minutes ago, duck_keeper said:

I didn't even ask for anything thinking they probably didn't have anything like that to give us. I just used the extra pillow on the bed to put under my side. By the 4th day I got sorta use to the board I slept on...LOL 😆

Live and learn.

You would be surprised.  They have those egg crate things, but they also may have been able to do something else.  One has to figure that they would even have extra mattresses - just in case of damage.

It's always better to try and get things fixed while you are on board, instead of just telling people how awful something was after you put up with it (likely unnecessarily) for your entire cruise.   Let's face it - you would have had a much more enjoyable time if you gave them the opportunity to fix things.

Anyway, as you said, live and learn.

• Like 1

Thanks DinaS for the insight and will use your recommendation next time.

This issue was not a major one, but something I would like to only put in my review for those like me who didn't think to ask or know that they have the egg crate foam available.

With so many hotel chains putting in heavenly/premium beds I would have thought the cruise lines would follow their lead and provide the same type of experience. Is it different bed type in the suites? That may be something we can upgrade to next time if it is a better bed type knowing this ahead of time. I will ask on our next cruise for accommodations if needed no matter the room we pick if either of us have issues.

I didn't want ding the cruise for the bed, but wanted to just mention that it is something that some may want to know and therefore ask for before they have a bad night(s) sleep.

Even though we're Platinum level & accustomed to the beds on NCL ships it takes DW & I at least one night to 'adjust' our sleeping habits to a 'new' mattress/bed.  On one cruise our bed had the "egg-crate" already on the bed; our cabin steward offered to remove it.  We kept it on the entire cruise (7 days, I think) and didn't notice any great difference.

Glad you had a good cruise!  As several other posters have mentioned it takes CC a few days to post your review.  I don't post reviews like I used to when I first started cruising 20 or so years ago but back then I usually did the review in Word & then copy-and-pasted onto the CC web site.  That way I didn't lose my review when my internet connection (dial-up!!) crapped out.

16 hours ago, duck_keeper said:

Is it different bed type in the suites? That may be something we can upgrade to next time if it is a better bed type knowing this ahead of time. I will ask on our next cruise for accommodations if needed no matter the room we pick if either of us have issues.

The beds in suites are much more comfortable in our experience.