Palamos

odblnt

Our cruise that was supposed to spend two days in Barcelona has cut back to one day with one day in Palamos. Would be interested in anything folks could tell us about this port. From what I can tell, the smaller (under 1000 pax) ships sometimes call there.

Pete

It is a smaller port. A short walk to the town with lots of cafe and restaurant choice. There is a long arc of a beach that is very wide.

We found a marina around the headland which was not worth the walk.

Enough to walk around for a relaxing day.

20190615_125651.jpg

20190615_142736.jpg

20190615_142538.jpg

20190615_095042.jpg

20190615_141746.jpg

20190615_130423.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 10/3/2019 at 3:57 PM, helpthejuggler said:

It is a smaller port. A short walk to the town with lots of cafe and restaurant choice. There is a long arc of a beach that is very wide.

Lovely photos.  Did you walk to the beach? Do you remember about how long the walk was? Or did Oceana provide any shuttles?  (It looks like you were on Oceana.)Thanks in advance for any information.

The beach in the photos is easy to walk to. The closest point is 10 minutes from the ship, so no shuttles needed.
I recall some assistance from the ship to port gate, perhaps beyond, for those with mobility problems.

We were on Oceania Riviera.

I mentioned the marina around the headland (marked with an X by me here) - don't walk your time

I marked where the ship docks (not to scale). You can see the beach and dig around in Google maps.
image.thumb.png.a190e380a597b973a0cc2275ffb5c16a.pngThe last of my photos gives a feel for the distance to the centre and start of the beach.

Edited by helpthejuggler

11 hours ago, helpthejuggler said:

The beach in the photos is easy to walk to. The closest point is 10 minutes from the ship, so no shuttles needed.
I recall some assistance from the ship to port gate, perhaps beyond, for those with mobility problems.

Thank you!  This is just the information I need and the map is very helpful as well.

• 1 year later...

Thank you, I realize this was 2 years ago.  We are on Oceania Riviera with a stop here in June 2022, and was wondering what there was to do.  Looking at ship tours as well (and may see if a private variation can be had).