What would you spend your morning doing?

dawnvan

I'd probably do a simple van tour of the island- particularly the south side with the salt flats, slave huts, flamingo reserve, kitesurfing beaches etc.

The port area is very pedestrian-friendly. If you’re a history buff I'd recommend the museum, which gives a good overview of the islands' history. That's good for an hour or so.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/9/2019 at 6:41 PM, dawnvan said:

We have an afternoon snorkeling tour planned but looking for ideas on what to spend our morning doing. We have around 3 hours.  Thanks

Did you find something to do?  We are looking for the same thing in a couple of weeks.  A tour around the island from about 8:30 - 11:30am. 

Booth44, is this one of the places you can find a taxi/tour as you walk off the ship? I really like to book in advance but I know that isn't always necessary. 

58 minutes ago, Ken'swife said:

Did you find something to do?  We are looking for the same thing in a couple of weeks.  A tour around the island from about 8:30 - 11:30am. 

Booth44, is this one of the places you can find a taxi/tour as you walk off the ship? I really like to book in advance but I know that isn't always necessary. 

Yes we are doing Bonaire photo shoot it runs from 9:30 to 12. Which will be perfect our snorkeling tour starts at 12:45 so I think that will work out.  I just reached out to them and asked them if it was doable. It has pretty good reviews. Think we will enjoy it. 

dawnvan, Thank you for the response.  I really wanted to do Bonaire Photo Shoot. I sent them an e-mail asking if we could do it before our 12pm tour with Woodwind.  They said we could not. They don't return until 12:30 so it would be too late.  I am very disappointed. Oh well, I am sure I'll find something else. 

9 minutes ago, Ken'swife said:

dawnvan, Thank you for the response.  I really wanted to do Bonaire Photo Shoot. I sent them an e-mail asking if we could do it before our 12pm tour with Woodwind.  They said we could not. They don't return until 12:30 so it would be too late.  I am very disappointed. Oh well, I am sure I'll find something else. 

The other one that I found was Bonaire vista tour, they also had good reviews,  you could check with them. Worst case could always find a cab to give u a quick tour of the island.  I’m not a fly by the seat of my pants on cruises. So that really didn’t work for me. Plus their is 6 of us so that makes it a little harder also 

16 minutes ago, dawnvan said:

The other one that I found was Bonaire vista tour, they also had good reviews,  you could check with them. Worst case could always find a cab to give u a quick tour of the island.  I’m not a fly by the seat of my pants on cruises. So that really didn’t work for me. Plus their is 6 of us so that makes it a little harder also 

They don't return in time for us to do Woodwind either. I like to plan in advance as well but looks like we may have to find a cab to give us a 2 - 2 1/2 hour tour. I really want to see the salt flats, slave huts and maybe some flamingos.  I don't want to go to a new island and not see some of the highlights. 

On 11/17/2019 at 5:37 PM, Ken'swife said:

They don't return in time for us to do Woodwind either. I like to plan in advance as well but looks like we may have to find a cab to give us a 2 - 2 1/2 hour tour. I really want to see the salt flats, slave huts and maybe some flamingos.  I don't want to go to a new island and not see some of the highlights. 

We are in the exact same boat as you looking for a 2-2.5 hour tour before our Woodwind snorkel tour at noon.  We are just going to grab a taxi to take us around.  I always have tours planned so this will be something completely new to me by just getting a taxi.

• 1 month later...
On 11/19/2019 at 11:05 PM, hrmkr said:

We are in the exact same boat as you looking for a 2-2.5 hour tour before our Woodwind snorkel tour at noon.  We are just going to grab a taxi to take us around.  I always have tours planned so this will be something completely new to me by just getting a taxi.

On 11/17/2019 at 5:37 PM, Ken'swife said:

Same situation but Woodwind has our tour starting at 11:45 with a 11:30 arrival.  Please report back of how the taxi tour went or if you found a tour when you got off the ship.  We sail in April.

On 12/29/2019 at 7:52 PM, mickeyhereicome said:

Same situation but Woodwind has our tour starting at 11:45 with a 11:30 arrival.  Please report back of how the taxi tour went or if you found a tour when you got off the ship.  We sail in April.

We decided not to do a tour before hand. Decided we didn't want to risk missing Woodwind. 
Our friends that did not snorkel took a tour (through Carnival) and said we didn't really miss anything around the island. 
Also take note we were ALL late for our Woodwind excursion because island time and ship time was an hour different.  I thought I checked before hand and it was the same but I was wrong.  

• 1 year later...