beer on carnival's ships?

angel41

I've been trying to find out what is available on Carnival's ships? Looking for Bud Light, Corona, Blue Moon. It must be in bottles, I hate the taste of aluminum.

Bud Light and Corona, yes. Not sure about Blue Moon. You can only get cans on the outer, pool decks. Corona will always come from a bottle, but if you are by the pool, they will pour it into a cup. At the inside bars, you can get bottles.

I'm 99.9% positive they don't serve Blue Moon. I used to work for a beer/wine distributor and that's what my company would've considered a specialty beer so the odds of it being served on a menu when it only caters to a select few would be unlikely in my opinion.

Hopefully I'm the .1% wrong though!

Bud Light and Corona, yes. Not sure about Blue Moon. You can only get cans on the outer, pool decks. Corona will always come from a bottle, but if you are by the pool, they will pour it into a cup. At the inside bars, you can get bottles.

Not true corona will be served to you in the bottle at the pool decks. In fact you can buy a bucket of corona's (in the bottle) at the pool decks. Have done so many many times

Cruisecastle,

Our experience with Corona was not the same. Any time someone in our group has ordered a Corona on the deck it was put in a plastic cup. We were always told there was a no glass on deck rule.

In fact on our last cruise we had a new couple with us. He drank Coronas. We were on deck and told him about getting a better deal if he bought a bucket. This is what they sent him back with. We laughed ourselves silly. I suppose it seemed funnier at the time, we were on vacation.

Cruise%2004%20078.jpg

Please tell me that they at least have Bud, not the light s!*t. I'm Canadian and the regular American beer is light. So us ordering a light beer would be a waste of time.

I don't think the Canadian beer is that much different then American Beer alcohol wise - if that's what your talking about. We live right on the Canadian border so almost all of our bars/lounges offer Labatt's, Molson, etc.

Here is a great site if you're interested: http://www.beer100.com/beercaloriesimports.htm

Diane

We ordered buckets of Bud/Bud Light and always got them in the alum. cans (we thought they were cool! kept the beer colder). It was close to 20 bucks including gratuity. You could also mix and match what goes in the bucket.:) Some of the other beers came in plastic bottles, didn't notice glass bottles ever!

No blue moon either.:confused:

Not true corona will be served to you in the bottle at the pool decks. In fact you can buy a bucket of corona's (in the bottle) at the pool decks. Have done so many many times

Not on Conquest or Elation any longer. Corona's are poured. (It's a Texas thing)

They do have one of the finest beers available--Pilsner Urquell.

My friend emailed Carnival about putting some $$ on her account in advance to pay for her bar bill and they for some reason sent her an email back with all the prices. Here are the beer prices:

Beers -

Domestic Beers: Imported and Specialty Beers:

$3.25 Budweiser $3.75 Amber Bock

$3.25 Bud Light $3.75 Amstel Light

$3.25 Coors Light $3.75 Bass Ale

$3.25 Ice House $3.75 Beck's

$3.25 Miller Lite $3.75 Corona

$3.25 Miller Genuine Draft $3.75 Heineken

$4.25 Miller Lite (16 oz) $3.75 Labatt Blue

$3.75 Michelob Light

$3.75 Red Stripe

Non-Alcoholic Beers: $4.50 Boddington's

$2.75 Buckler $5.75 Foster's Lager (750 mil)

$2.75 Heineken $4.95 Grolsch (16 oz)

$2.75 O'Doul's $4.50 Guinness Pub Draught

Hope this helps!

Only 52 days until we set sail!

I don't think the Canadian beer is that much different then American Beer alcohol wise - if that's what your talking about. We live right on the Canadian border so almost all of our bars/lounges offer Labatt's, Molson, etc.

Here is a great site if you're interested: http://www.beer100.com/beercaloriesimports.htm

Diane

Great site Diane thanks, but I'm not sure about his numbers. He lists Molson Canadian and Golden as 5.1/6.04% alc. One's a lager and one's an ale but they're both 5% (as are most 'standard' beers here - light is 4%). I gotta agree with the other fellow though. Bud is already water - what's the point in a light version?

Then again, who are we to talk about Canadian beer anymore. Molson signed on with Coors (another finely marketed water distributer) and Labbats long ago got swallowed by Interbrew of Belgium... Ahh the Belgians... now they know how to make beer! :D

Cheers!

Bucket-O-Beer is the best deal. $3.50 per can of beer or a bucket of 4 beers with ice and bucket is $12 or $13. The beer stays cold in the bucket and you save a dollar or two. If you don't drink all the 4 beers you can take them to your cabin on ice for later.

They also serve a larger ounce beer in a Plastic screw-cap bottle.(never liked drinking my beer out of a plastic bottle). I think the price was $4.50.

I never saw any glass bottles of beer on board.

On the Miracle this past week, Coronas were served only in bottles in the Dining Room and the Budweiser products were in aluminum bottles, which I had never seen before... The coors lite was in the can and the miller products were in plastic bottles, No canadian beer obviously...LOL Such a shame!

The buckets of Bud were $ 17.00 + gratuity !

:)

The beers are going to be pretty basic - ie- weak American beer (although they do have Boddiningtons). Was on a Brews Cruise a few years back and that was awesome. We were allowed (as a group) to bring on some mighty fine microbrew beers for our own fun.

Guess I will not be able to enjoy many drinks by the pool.:(

I haven't sailed on NCL for a couple of years but I did have glass bottles on their ships. Princess did not. I was really hoping Carnival did. I can only do one foofoo drink a day, if even that. And I really don't drink any of the hard stuff. Oh well, guess it's their loss b/c my bar bill used to be pretty hefty, last cruise it was under $30.

Thank you all for your help.

Definitely no Blue Moon, but it would be a nice addition :(

You can get Corona's in a bottle anywhere other than by the pool/lido deck... Every cruise, every bucket of beer by the pool, has been served in cups :( When you are drinking it by yourself, you have to drink fast when they serve it this way!!!! I can definitely understand not having glass by the pool, but there has to be a better way to serve a bucket of corona!! Perhaps one at a time in a cup?? Oh well, won't stop me from ordering :D

Grolsh only comes in the ceramic top bottles. They may pour it in a cup by the pool but it is served in bottles everywhere else on the ship.

The price list posted above makes Grolsh look like its a non-alcoholic beer. It is not.

Dan

I just returned from the Destiny cruise. Purchased Sam Adams at the main bar on Deck 3 for $5.50 a bottle. Price may not be exact. I also purchased Fosters in the can for $5.95. Good deal on the Fosters just because of the size. The bottles in the pool area were all aluminum.

Archived