Motels in Tampa

sandy1754

Flying into TPA?  Budget?  Travelling as a family, or for a honeymoon?  Dates? A few more details will help the suggestions to be closer to your target. 

Marriott and Embassy Suites are within a couple of blocks of the port. The area near the airport (Westshore) has lots of hotels, dining options and a nearby mall.  More upscale and on the bay is the Rocky Point area (Chase Suites, Hampton Inn, etc.) With several hotels offering both airport and port shuttles.  Taxi to the port will be about $28, or you can use UberX or Lyft for about $16

Marriott and Embassy Suites are within a couple of blocks of the port. ... More upscale and on the bay is the Rocky Point area (Chase Suites, Hampton Inn, etc.) 

you'd put Chase and Hampton as UPSCALE over Mar' or Embassy??????

I suspect not what you intended, but what I read.

Edited by Capt_BJ

Many many hotels and motels on Brandon ave (Florida Rte. 60) in Brandon, a few miles east of the port. Tons of restaurants and stores. If it's not on Brandon ave, they don't make it.

Edited by MISTER 67

We stayed in an AirBnB a couple miles from the port for three nights and really enjoyed it.  We were walking distance to several local restaurants and our best meal was at a truly authentic pub.  We had our car with us, but if you're flying in the port is an easy Uber/Lyft ride away.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/20/2019 at 5:18 PM, iahawkfan21 said:

We stayed in an AirBnB a couple miles from the port for three nights and really enjoyed it.  We were walking distance to several local restaurants and our best meal was at a truly authentic pub.  We had our car with us, but if you're flying in the port is an easy Uber/Lyft ride away.

That's what I'm looking for.....wondering if you could send me the link for the AirBnB that you stayed at as I have no idea how to find one in the correct area near the port!! I hope we can Uber from the airport to the AirBnb and then use Uber again to get to the port the next day! Or is there a certain neighbourhood I should use in my search for the right area? Thanks for any advice or tips!

15 hours ago, qtlikeme said:

That's what I'm looking for.....wondering if you could send me the link for the AirBnB that you stayed at as I have no idea how to find one in the correct area near the port!! 

I pulled the listing up but it’s not showing as current in Airbnb so they may not be renting currently.  It was in Hyde Park which was a lovely neighborhood so you could easily zoom your filter in there.  We were maybe three blocks off of Bayshore Blvd and 5-10 minutes walk from Publix and a great dinner at Four Green Fields.  We drove but Uber/Lyft in the greater Tampa area is widely available and the port complex is just a couple miles away and very easy to navigate.